• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P AR 15-22

Silver_Bullet_00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
North Carolina
Traded a single stack WASR-10 AK-47 for a AR 15-22.

Any one else have one of these?

I have shot about 100 rounds of federal bulk 550 pack through it and it functions perfect. Grouping has been about 2 inches at 50 yards with the iron sights. Could probably get better groups with CCI or Wolf Match, or when I add a scope. The only thing I don't like is the trigger.

If you have one, do you like it? What kind of accuracy are you getting? Whats your best ammo?

Re: S&W M&P AR 15-22

I have one that I topped with a Weaver 1-3 scope. Together, they make a nice little combination. We typically shoot it off a bipod at 25 and 50 yards. The accuracy is consistent with what you would expect out of a rifle of this type. My 8-year old son is easily able to break clay pigeons (and to break the pieces that fall to the ground) at both distances. It runs really well with plated rounds - typically, Winchester or Remington bulk packs.

Good luck with yours!

I have one that I really enjoy shooting. I only have the factory irons on it, so I haven't tested its ability to group. For me it's a fun gun to shoot clanging or breaking targets from 10 yards to 100 yards.

Despite the suggestions of the owner's manual to use specific ammunition for the rifle mine has eaten all that I have fed it. The only misfires I have had were ammo problems not the gun.

Got one for my 11yo daughter for X-mas. Great little rifle. We've ran mostly federal bulk packs but have done some antique federal lightning through it too. No issues. We set a rimfire spinner at 50yards or so and even unsuppoorted with irons it can get boring. Fun to try and catch the spinner as it's coming over and get it to switch directions.

Mine runs very well. Probably around 3k rounds fired. Cycles federal bulk, CCI regulars and subs, Aguila standard velocity and subs. Shot it suppressed with aguila subs and it functioned just fine. Pretty quiet too. Accuracy (no optics on mine) is more than adequate for clays, cans etc at 50 yards. I bet it will shoot plenty well out further.

Do you have the newer model with the flash hider? I ask because I had heard that the original nonthreaded models had extractor issues.

I've got a S&W M&P 15-22 MOE, purchased in late 2010 with a threaded-on bird cage lookin flash hider.

I've never put a ruler up to my groups, but agreeing with what some other folks have said, yeah - it is just as accurate as I would expect from a rifle of its cost and class, and I have no complaints in the accuracy department.

For me, the first several hundred, if not the first thousand rounds, were rife with stovepipes/ failure to eject, blah blah blah while using the Winchester and Federal 550 round value packs from Walmart. And bear in mind, this was with me thoroughly cleaning the weapon after every shooting session – so I used (I think it was called) something like Remington Hyper Velocity Yellow Jacket 22 LR. 500 rounds of this stuff really broke the weapon in wonderfully, and now it gobbles up the Walmart value packs I feed it, and I only bore snake the weapon to clean it and spray some CLP in the operating area. – I’m at just over 3000 rounds now.

I rock a plain ol Eotech 517 on this MOE when not using the BUIS and this rifle is a real gem. Absolutely love it and always recommend it to others. The money saved shooting this thing as opposed to 5.56 mm from time to time has already more than paid for the weapon.