• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P15/22

mackdrvr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
NY....Hudson Valley
Bought a 2nd Generation model a couple days ago, and took her out today for a trial run. 600+ rounds, and NO problems at all. The piece ran perfect. Used five different types of ammo. All high speed stuff. Guns a straight shooter too. Most fun I've had in a long time. It was a good day.

Re: S&W M&P15/22

Congrats - I bought one of these a few months ago to shoot with my son. I have seen a number of people knock these rifles, but for what they are, they are a lot of fun. I put a Weaver 1-3x20 on it and it has performed really well with about 1200 rounds through it. Good luck and good shooting with it.

Yeah I have one of the second gen as well. I actually just used it (Instructor using me/it as a guinea pig I think) in a carbine course this weekend. Other than a couple of mis-loaded magazines it ran flawlessly through around 500 rounds without cleaning.

I think the M&P15-22's get a bad wrap from people who don't pay close attention to the magazine loading. You really need to make sure they alternate cant per round and don't get "nose down" in the mag.

Do you run an optic on yours? I actually tossed an Aimpoint I had planned for an AR build on top of mine.

Haven't had a FTE or FTF yet...optics are overkill but I can use them when I upgrade

Bodrum2010001.jpg

PICT1046.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haven't had a FTE or FTF yet...optics are overkill but I can use them when I upgrade

Bodrum2010001.jpg

PICT1046.jpg
</div></div>

Thats pretty sharp! Similar to my setup.

I also have an aimpoint clone 3x magnifier for mine that I had JUST removed before plinking some steel.(sorry for the bad pic, just snapped it via screen capture off the video I took)

SWMP15-22.jpg

M&P15-22, Aimpoint CompM2 on Larue LT-150 QD, Magpul MOE stock, Magpul BAD lever, magpul flip up BUIS. I really want a VFG but no one local has them in stock. The furniture is just riding the M&P15-22 for now, their real home build process is scheduled to be continued after closing on our house.

Now I do have a SilencerCo. Sparrow sitting at my Class3 dealer waiting on my paperwork. These things suppressed sound almost like a FTF!

I've been looking at either getting a complete upper or a whole new weapon. I've heard lots of good things about the S&W M&P 15/22. It's making me lean towards getting one rather than just an upper.

I have what I believe is a Gen I... anyone care to enlighten me as to what the difference is? Is it in the springs they replaced when I sent mine in for going F/A on me?

yes i believe so, blue replacing yellow ones

Okay- not that big of a change then. Thought maybe they'd actually redesigned something and I missed out!

Anyway, once they replaced the springs on mine, and the extractor... I love it!

have you installed the JP reduced power springs from midway ? cost about $10, makes a hell of a difference.

Indy how did you get the BAD lever installed? I tried to install one on mine but it won't fit with the curved interior of the trigger area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indy how did you get the BAD lever installed? I tried to install one on mine but it won't fit with the curved interior of the trigger area. </div></div>

About 5 minutes with a dremel at low RPMs and a high grit barrel sanding bit.

I only had to take off less than 1/16th of an inch for it to be functional.