• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P15 Sport

Amazingrandy1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
Massachusetts
Good morning,
I am thinking about purchasing the S&W M&P15 Sport SKU#811037 and would like to get some feedback about this rifle before I buy it. A local gun shop has this rifle with two 30rd. Magpul clips and two boxes of Federal AR 223 ammo on sale for 649.99 and want to know if this is worth it, and anything else anyone would have to say about the rifle and the deal.

Thank You,
Erik

Re: S&W M&P15 Sport

The base rifle, when you can find them are $599.00. With that, you normally get only 1 magazine. So to get 2 magazines, plus ammo, for basically $50 extra bucks, it sounds like a pretty good deal. It really amounts to how much ammo is in those boxes.

I would go ahead and get it, as most dealers can't keep them in stock. Those rifles are about the best bargain out there in my opinion. Yes, some people bitch about the rifles not having a forward assist on it. Big deal. Yes, some other people bitch about it not having a chrome lined barrel. Big deal.

The melonite barrel will do just fine for the majority of any duty that you rifle will more than likely face. I have ran over 2,500 rounds through mine without any troubles what so ever.

And, in my opinion, they dress up pretty nice too!!

DK

IMAG0157-1.jpg

Im not going to use the rifle for more than some target shooting and fun. The boxes of ammo each have 30rds. each and as long as it is a sturdy platform that I can modify (which I plan to do) that is all i care about. I was in the military and found that I probably used the forward assist once or twice, and if you know how to use the rifle you can clear a jam pretty quick without it anyways. I already have my long gun for competition, and I have really wanted an AR for some time now as a toy.

Just buy it you won't be disappointed, I have one as well and have been testing its duribility. So f I have shot about 2k of ammo and have not cleaned it since day one and yet to have a malfunction. I even use it with the 22 conversion with no issues. Great gun for the money.

Ok then lol...i guess the general concensus is for me to buy the rifle. I just need to get through this hurricane that is going to slam us here in Connecticut first then im gonna go buy it.
Thanks guys

You won't be disappointed. Fit and finish is on par with higher end rifles, as is reliability and accuracy. Even just pulling the charging handle feels way better than other budget AR's. Of course, you can upgrade as you see fit. Here's mine a year after I bought it:

dsc6231k.jpg

BTW, good luck with the storm. I hear she's really something special.

Thanks for the added input guys, sounds like this is going to be a rifle that i will enjoy if purchased. Temp9, thanks for the luck, its just starting to rain and get a little windy here now.

Erik

I sorely want one of these but with the way our firearms licencing works and the fact semi autos are restricted i would have to give up one of my bolt guns for it.tempted though badly !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The M&P Sport is by far the single best entry level AR15 in my opinion.

I had them pre-sold months out, you'll enjoy it or easily make your money back if you don't. </div></div>

Completely agree with the above. Buy one you will love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The M&P Sport is by far the single best entry level AR15 in my opinion.

I had them pre-sold months out, you'll enjoy it or easily make your money back if you don't. </div></div>

Completely agree with the above. Buy one you will love it. </div></div>

Doubling down on this. I have purposely tried to burn mine down with absolutely no luck. And the barrel still looks great thru my bore scope. Melonite is tough stuff!

I picked one up about 3 months ago and am very happy with it. I have about 200 rounds through it without any issues. I use it mainly of hunting in the desert and fun at the range. For the price it can't be beat. There are some people who don't like the sports because they don't have a forward assist, dust cover or a chrome lined barrel. I don't see this as disadvantages for the way I use the rifle. to this point my sport has been a solid performer and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

Not really, thought I guess it really just depends on what you want to do with it. As others have said, the lack of the ejection port cover may mean it isn't the best option for some roles (i.e., where it could get very dirty).

I almost picked one up a while back to try out for a while then keep the lower for a new build.

Good luck with the storm. We are down close to the CT shoreline . . . just waiting to loose power.

Good luck to you to Mil.Dot, hopfully it isnt as bad as they say and we get through this as painless as possible.

Nice job on updating those M&P's z71rat and Temp9. I have wheels turning in my head now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CT308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I guess the only question left to ask is, does the rifle have any limitations as fas as customizing?</div></div>

You also can't change out the trigger guard, but there's really no need to. The integrated trigger guard is large enough for the thickest gloves, and it looks better than the standard trigger guard, as well. Everything else is fully compatible as far as I can tell. It even has a mil-spec buffer tube.

I have 2 LMT's and a BCM. My brother picked up an M&P Sport a month or so ago and I was impressed. It has run well so far and I do not anticipate any future problems that aren't operator or ammo induced.

It seems to be a good value for the $$$.

I've watched a few video reviews on this rifle and have heard nothing but very good things!!

Wouldn't mind snagging one myself.

I bought my Sport about a year ago and it's been a great gun. I've got about 2500 rounds thru it with NO malfunctions of any type. I put a MOE stock on it, a MAID grip, a Timney 4lb trigger assembly, MI free float handguards, a Vortex flash hider, and it now has a Nikon P223 scope on it. If I do my part it will do sub MOA groups at 100 yards. Here's a picture and a 100 yard target, The groups are all three shot groups and they're easy to pick out. As you can see from the group in the middle of the bullseye, it does great. the bullseye is 1.5 inches in diameter. It's just a fun gun to shoot!!!!!!!!!!

MIRail2-2.jpg

Fed19355gr100yd.jpg

Started as a 5.45x39 which didnt quite do it for me. Added KAC RAS, SOPMOD,BCM grip, 14.5" DD M4 1/7 barrel, LMT BCG, trigger upgrade, KAC rear sight and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

So yeah great upper and lower set lol.

My buddy has the M&P sport with the integral trigger guard and no FA or dust cover, its been a solid running gun.

9D8A4B57-E862-4B7E-B6C8-7B6E93DD13EB-10799-00000C83C9AD2CCE.jpg