• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W TRR8

usngoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2008
HI
Well my mind is made up and this is my next purchase. Baddest revolver out there in my opinion and I am gonna add it to the club. Now just to find who may have the best prices out there. Anyone seen anything or previously done the homework? How can you go wrong with a cutstom built 8 shot revolver?? hahahah Thanks in advance

The Goat

Re: S&W TRR8

I've been looking at them too. Like you said it comes from the Custom Shop so "best price" is a relative term. I was watching a used one on GB a while back that looked new. It sold for around $990-1000. Currently they seem to be going for retail
frown.gif

The more I look though, I'll probably end up going with a 327PD and having a trigger/action job done. I don't see myself using the rails on the TRR8 (atleast I can't justify the price difference).

When you get the new wheel gun you know you have to post some pics.

I have heard rumor that they are no longer going to continue to make the TRR8. Not sure how true it is or not however. What is the price difference you are looking at between the two? I may not use the rails but having them there is surely worth it. I can see myself getting a little carried away with a light on the bottom and a aimpoint micro on the top!! hahahah Saaaweeet!! I have a buddy who is a manager of a gunshop in San Diego, he has a few of them in stock and is getting back to me on the price. I will surely post some photos when I get it.

I've got one. It's a nice light revolver that handles well - until you put the rails on it. With the rails, the weight is comparable to any 5-6" N-frame gun. The action is about what you would expect. It's smoother than the average, but still a little on the heavy side. So far, I have not experienced any reliability issues with or without the moonclips.

I've got one. Pimped it out with a TLR-2 light and laser, AND an EOTech on top. First as a joke, just because the rails were there. But everything actually worked well and wasn't too heavy (I do have big hands, however, so YMMV). With the EOTech it is kind of like cheating at 25 yards. You're bound to get a kick out of it.

If I really wanted the "Baddest revolver out there," I'd be looking for a S&W Model 27 if I wanted a .357.