• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S21 Ultra Video Test

Jackomason

Poop-smith aka "Turd Herder"
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Westcliffe Colorado
Here is a quick video I made using my new phone. At first I figured the zoom would be just a novelty but at 20x it seems to catch everything you'd want. At least At 516 yards like in this case.

100x photo is pretty much useless. Looks like water color painting haha.

20210919_145154.jpg

The s21 has a msrp of $799 and the ultra is at $1200. Is it really worth $400 more? Obviously there's more to it than that but at least for me, it's a really fun added feature.

I'm considering the s21. Not sure if that added camera feature warrants that added price.

Sure, it's a nice novelty for the first 2-3 months, but after that, I doubt I would have a need for it.

Congrats on the purchase. It seems it fits your needs to a T.

I've got a 21 Ultra, and the 10x optical zoom is freakin' awesome at the range. Using the zoom/cropped 30x digital is still pretty legit, and I've used it as a handheld spotter more than once.

I've got a 21 Ultra, and the 10x optical zoom is freakin' awesome at the range. Using the zoom/cropped 30x digital is still pretty legit, and I've used it as a handheld spotter more than once.
That's a great idea, I've noticed the 10x to be crazy crisp but I've never thought to crop it.

I just got an S21 last week. I didnt/don't know the differences of all the new phones except for the size. I didnt know the ultra had some bad ass camera that the s21 didnt.

I just got an S21 last week. I didnt/don't know the differences of all the new phones except for the size. I didnt know the ultra had some bad ass camera that the s21 didnt.
It has like 4, the 10x is very impressive. There's also a 108mp space lense that does pretty good moon shots but it really maxes out at 60x. Much more it's just blobs. Even the front(?) Facing camera, the one that looks at you is 40mp.

So dedicated 1x 3x 10x and space lense.

Then there's some screen related upgrades that are over my head but work pays for the phone so I figured why not.