• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAAM training with Tim Fallon at ftwoutfitters?

Huskerhunter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska 68512
Anyone here have experience with the SAAM training course run by Tim Fallon out of Barksdale, TX? I am considering going next spring with a couple of friends. I spoke with Tim on the phone and it sounds like a great program that applies military/LE expertise and methods to real world hunting situations.

I am signed up for the June 14-19 class. Have heard very good things about the class from the Hill Country Rifles people. I've emailed and spoken to Tim several times. Very helpful and nice guy. I can give an update later in June.

The FTW ranch is one of my all time favorite places. I have taken the SAAM precision course and the SAAM Advanced course. Tim, Dave, Doug, and Fedo are the real deal. Not only is the instruction some of the best in the industry but the accommodations are first class. The lodging is great and the food is incredible. The student to instructor ratio is usually 2:1 and these guys have taught some of the best in the industry how to shoot. There is a reason why the military (including Tier-1) uses the FTW ranch for their training. I was reluctant to go my first time because I thought the price was a bit high, but now that I have been twice I feel that they could probably charge more. I plan on going at least once a year if not twice a year.

Last time I went I took my 6.5x47 and had a blast truing out to 1500 yrds. I also took my 280 Ackley. I've had several people ask me about which gun to take. I love the 6.5 because you can shoot it all day and not get fatigued. I shoot just about everything suppressed, but a muzzle break is a must since you will be shooting 50-100 rounds a day (on average).

I highly recommend the FTW Ranch SAAM course, without reservation.