• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC 6.5 Creedmoor - New Build

ratrod54

Minuteman
Apr 16, 2013
Frisco, TX
Looks like the wait is finally over. I received pictures today from Mark on my build and I am really pleased. I hope to have this in my hands by the end of the week but wanted to share a few specs and some pics.

I should wait until it is in hand to post some pictures but I am pretty excited about it so here you go. I plan to go to the range this weekend, if this arrives this week like I am thinking it should. If so, I'll have a range report to add along with pics including glass.

-Melonited Alpha 11 Deviant with LBC Modification
-Melonited 5R 23" Bartlein Barrel Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with 6 Flutes
-Manners T6A - Elite Tactical Layup - Black Forest
-Mike Bush DBM
-TBAC 30BA Break
-Timney Flat Shoe Trigger @ 2.5lbs
-B17 Rail
-Seekins Rings
-SWFA 5-20 X 50

Here are a few pics from Mark. I hope this thing is a laser like the rest I have seen.

IMG_8122.JPGIMG_8120-edited.JPGIMG_8119.JPGIMG_8123.JPGIMG_8121.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is a nice looking build. What ammo are you planning on running? I would be interested to see what your barrel life is with the barrel being Melonited.

Awesome rifle. How long was your build time? Did you supply the components for the build or did Mark? I just ordered a .300 win mag from Mark and can't wait, I'm sure it will be a good 8 months before I hear anything though.

Wow, that is a nice looking build. What ammo are you planning on running? I would be interested to see what your barrel life is with the barrel being Melonited.

I am planning on using factory Hornady ammo for starters. I have about 400 rounds of the 140gr AMAX and then I will reload that. Regarding the melonite barrel... Pusher591 did this with his build and I did some research and figured I would try it out. I hope to see some positive results.

Awesome rifle. How long was your build time? Did you supply the components for the build or did Mark? I just ordered a .300 win mag from Mark and can't wait, I'm sure it will be a good 8 months before I hear anything though.

Well, my build time was about 6 months however there was some miscommunication on the stock color and it had to be remade. Otherwise, I believe it would have been around 4 months. The original stock with the wrong color was received in 16 weeks. The only thing I provided was the bottom metal because I got two of them on sale for half price when defiance discontinued them. I do believe the next time I do this, I will order the stock ahead of time to minimize wait times. After seeing how this turned out, I may have to look into a 300 Win Short Mag on the next go around.

That looks great! Really great. Understandable you'd post the pics. I've ordered parts for a build from SAC that will hopefully come together before year end (although likely longer). T4A Elite Tactical Layup GAP, Proof 24" Sendero, and American Rifle Co. M5 to be chambered in 6.5CM as well.

I approve!!!!!!

You'll love it, add a little TW2500 grease to the raceways and bolt, it will be super slick!!!
FYI, the stock looks like the T6A, I love that camo.

As far as the Melonite, even if I don't get any extra barrel life the action being so slick and the easy barrel cleanup was worth it.

I approve!!!!!!

You'll love it, add a little TW2500 grease to the raceways and bolt, it will be super slick!!!
FYI, the stock looks like the T6A, I love that camo.

As far as the Melonite, even if I don't get any extra barrel life the action being so slick and the easy barrel cleanup was worth it.

Hahaha, yep, it is a T6A. I was talking to my buddy about the T4A i have on my savage when I typed this up and had it stuck in my brain. Sorry about that. I have the T4A with the 90% carbon fill and I am anxious to see the weight difference. I tossed around the idea of the Elite Hunter but wanted the adjustable cheek so I had to sacrifice the added weight.

Should be here tomorrow!!!

Pusher591, I appreciate you helping me out over PM.

Last edited:
buddy has that same action,and the only thing i have felt run any smoother is a trg, and it's only slightly smoother, your going to really like that rifle.