• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: Bighorn 308 Win build on Manners MCS-TF2

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

Just finished up another rifle build for a customer and wanted to share some pictures. We were really happy with the rifle build and it is in the hands of the customer at this moment. Here is a list of the build specs.

-Bighorn TL2-SA with the trim tang and tactical bolt handle. We like this configuration the best as its clean, solid and just looks great when dropped into a conventional stock or chassis. We also have the AW magazine well, 20 MOA base and integral lug.
-Bartlein M40 profile barrel, 30 cal, 1-10" twist.
-Manners MCS-TF2 stock, American Precision Arms RTG for DBM.
-Timney 510U trigger.
-Chambered in 308 Win.
-20" barrel, 5/8 x 24, Custom thread protector
-Epoxy Pillar bedded.
-Cerakoted Patriot Brown with black accents of course.

Enjoy.

Mark

Last edited:
That looks more like the TL2 then the SR2. Regardless, very nice build.

The rifle above is mine and I'm really proud to own it. Mark, it is exactly what I hoped for. Thanks for steering me towards the components that are in the build, I'm very happy with everything on the rifle. The fit and finish is beyond what I hoped for, the pictures don't do it justice. Thanks again for your help in building this rifle for me!

The rifle above is mine and I'm really proud to own it. Mark, it is exactly what I hoped for. Thanks for steering me towards the components that are in the build, I'm very happy with everything on the rifle. The fit and finish is beyond what I hoped for, the pictures don't do it justice. Thanks again for your help in building this rifle for me!

Nice stick. Do I get to soil it next weekend?