• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC Build Completed! 6.5x47 Lapua

dhutch

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
Frisco, TX
Just a little over a month ago I sent Mark at Short Action Customs my barreled action from my 700P. I wanted to use the action as a donor action for my 6.5x47 build. Here's what we came up with:

Trued and Stress Releived REM 700 SA by SAC
Oversized Recoil Lug by APA
26.25" 6.5mm Rock Creek M40 5R 1-8.5Twist
Chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua
Superior Shooting Systems Speedlock Firing Pin Assembly
Opened up Barrel Channel on B&C Medalist A2 and Inletted for DBM
Bedded Barreled Action and CDI DBM
Barreled Action was coated in Flat-Black
Bolt Handle was previously done by AZ

Should be here by the end of the week.....then we'll be sending 130gr VLD's down the pipe at a high rate of speed!

4948859126_d0748924e0.jpg

4948856408_06b32594c9.jpg

4948855010_a73f0be4d6.jpg

4948268689_87aa982f58.jpg

4948857668_7611423cd4.jpg

4948264727_9bf9d76734.jpg

4948268183_c70ba42c68.jpg

4948857064_b260ab40fa.jpg

4948856130_0b4de5047d.jpg

4948855614_1a07501c65.jpg

Re: SAC Build Completed! 6.5x47 Lapua

P.S. - Mark at SAC is an awesome guy to work with. Quick turn around time and took his time making sure I got what I wanted and everything was done correctly.

P.P.S - There are plans to shave down the forend on the stock a little and add a little texture to the grip and forend with marine tex or jb weld.

very nice. if its from mark, itll be a tack driver for sure.

cant wait for a range report

Great looking rifle. Can't wait to get mine back from him and go hunting. When you say stress relieved on the action are you referring to the same process that they do to a barrel?

Looks great. I can't wait to get mine back also. Shouldn't be too much longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hibc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you have pillars in there or just skim bed? </div></div>

No pillars since it has an aluminum block in it; so we just skim bedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks nice!! very professional. and the scope will be?</div></div>

Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24

This is like a Budget Full Build.

ETA: Rounds loaded for ladder testing!

IMAG0018.jpg

Arrived today! 14.6lbs with Rifle/Scope/Bipod/10rd Mag

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

Super nice. Love that crown too.

Best group of the day....and I dont care about 5 shot groups...I'm worried about first round hits!

TgtGfx.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come you didn't use a rear bag?</div></div>

Was so excited to get it to the range, I missed putting it in my range bag
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come you didn't use a rear bag?</div></div>

Was so excited to get it to the range, I missed putting it in my range bag
frown.gif
</div></div>

oh, been there, done that!

Great round to work with. Sweet build.

Seeing this just makes me even more excited to get my 6.5x47 Lapua build in my hands!! Not much longer till I'll be back in the good ole' US of A!! Then drive down to Colorado to pick my stick up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">velocity ?</div></div>

2875ish between those 3 shots I had a deviation of like 8 or 9 fps. Not quite what I was hoping for, but FPS isn't everything. I'll stretch her legs out with that load and see how she handles at a 1000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best group of the day....and I dont care about 5 shot groups...I'm worried about first round hits!

TgtGfx.jpg
</div></div>

Looks great, shoots great, AND it is one less project ahead of my box o' parts!

Joe

Very nice build. I'm planning on something similar but in .260.

I too think the stock needs the forend shaving down on the sides. It will give it smoother lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice build. I'm planning on something similar but in .260.

I too think the stock needs the forend shaving down on the sides. It will give it smoother lines.
</div></div>

And save a little weight.

I don't think you can wrong with either a 6.5x47 or a 260 Remington. They are so similar....I think it ultimately comes down to preference of the shooter.

Dont over look the 6.5 Creedmoor.

David, I'm glad you like it and your capable of shooting it!!!

Everything turned out great and the chamber was flawless. I ran my .0001" indicator up and down the barrel from in front of the throat to all the way back to the beginning of the chamber with no movement of the indicator.

Good shooting and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Mark

Oh yeah, just so you know, the barrel does not have a bedding pad under the chamber giving it support. It has .020" clearance, I like to fill that area up and I think it makes things look a little cleaner.

Mark

i likey very much

have a similar build Incoming.
same caliber, same stock, same contour

Nice rifle and nice shooting. Man, I can't wait to get my rifles from Mark now. He does some really good work.

Jamie

You guys got me all fired up. I'm sending mine to Mark soon for him to work his magic

His stamp on the barrel looks awesome

Crap! Another thing to put on my list of stuff to tell the wife I can't live without.

I have all my parts ready for a 6.5X47 Lapua build by Mark except for my stock..... should be here in about 4 months.