• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: Left Handed R700, 7mm-08. MCS-T3

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

Just finished up a Friday build, the customer did not want it sitting in a Fed Ex location over the weekend, so I snapped a few pictures. Even though its "wrong handed", it feels great and is going to be a great hunting and steel banging rifle. Here are the specifications.

-R700, Left Handed, Action/Bolt: single point trued.
-Customer supplied bolt knob conversion and fluting.
-Side Bolt Release
-Black Ops DBM.
-Rem 700 trigger.
-APA recoil lug.
-Rock Creek 1-8.5" Rem Varmint finished at 20".
-Epoxy pillar bedded.
-Cerakote Graphite Black metal.

Branden at Custom Gun Coatings did the stock in 4 color Flectar on the T3. Like always he did a great job.

Mark

Very, VERY, nice build! 7mm-08 is a great caliber. Branden will be doing some work for me in the near future (he just doesn't know it yet)!

Great looking little rifle, these kind of rifles have a special place in my heart! Great work as usual Mark. Can't wait to have you build my kid a rifle.

Last edited:
Wow,
Don't know how I missed this thread.
Photos do not do Mark's work justice.
This is my build. Mark did an amazing job with the project. It had a few hiccups along the way. And wound up in SAC's Long term storage............
I still think I owe Mark some rent.
The workmanship is top shelf, and after the calls and issues (none of them were Marks or SACS but he did an amazing job of getting everything squared away), Mark did not disappoint.
Got to put a few rounds down range last week, and it is a hammer.
I could not be more pleased with the rifle, and builder.
Now if the weather would straighten up and some farmers could get their hay up, she could be a groundhog heartbreaker.
Lots of thanks go out to Mark and his crew on a great build.

Last edited: