• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC Modular BRA die to size straight BR?

Mudflap621

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
So I currently am running the SAC Modular Sizing die for my BRAs and im leaning towards just going to a straight BR for my next barrels. Im wondering if I could just swap the bushing in the BRA die to BR and go from there or would I need to buy a the specific BR Modular die?

Depends on which reamer cuts your BR. Check the print against the shoulder that comes out of your die now. BRA usually has a little less case taper and a slightly bigger shoulder. Might cause you to undersize the standard BR.

Reactions: Mudflap621
Depends on which reamer cuts your BR. Check the print against the shoulder that comes out of your die now. BRA usually has a little less case taper and a slightly bigger shoulder. Might cause you to undersize the standard BR.
Thanks I didn't realize they were that much different. Im actually looking at getting my own BR reamer so I'll look into this further.

I would think that because the sac modular die the neck/shoulder bushing is what does the work then you probably could just get the br bushings and have it work. Idk though, did you ever try it?

Funny that i just run aross this tonite. Yesterday Iwas talking to SAC. about going the other way , 6BR with a 6BRA with a shoulder bushing . They told me no you can not do that because of the lenght of case . So if you try it please let me know how it comes out for you.