• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: Rem 700 6.5 CM in Manners MCS-TF3 Desert.

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

Just finished a build today that I wanted to share. The Manners Folders always impress me with how solid they lock up and function they can be for storage purposes in cases in addition to performing maintenance on the rifle. The spiral fluting was done by Kampfeld Customs and as always, it was flawless. With barrels like this (Bartlein M40 @ 24") we can see a 12-15 oz. reduction in weight. The over all weight of this rifle is 13.5 lbs with out the bipod or optics. Here are some specifications and pictures.

Remington 700 action and bolt have been single point trued.
Remington 700 bolt knob conversion
Side bolt release
8/40 scope base upgrade.
Timed firing control.
Trigger job
Bartlein M40, 6.5mm 1-8" 6.5 Creedmoor cut to 24"
5/8 x 24 thread with custom thread protector.
Kampfeld Customs heavy spiral barrel and bolt fluting
Black Ops Precision EFR
Manners MCS-TF3 folder, molded in camo, mini chassis.
Long Range Accuracy Short Tactical.

Thanks for looking.

Mark

Mark will you please stop posting pictures until next year tax return season?? You're killing me here.

Looks amazing.

what a nice piece of art really like the folders but dont see the need unless to put it in the trunk with a suppressor attached

Magpul FDE for the metal.

Mark

That looks so much different than the sample of Magpul FDE that my smith sprayed for me. I went with Patriot Brown and hope to be happy with it.

image.jpg

Mark, I appreciate you putting the pictures up of the rifle. This rifle was built for my wife so she could come shooting with me more; she is right handed and I am left handed. I gave Mark lots of artistic license with this build and as always he comes up with a winner. I gave him a tired looking RH Remington 700 action and a Bartlein 6.5mm Barrel and this is what he comes up with - wow!!! I am really digging the magpul FDE color scheme...I didn't know if I would like it but Mark said he thought it would really make this rifle pop and he was correct.

Can't wait to get a hold of it and present it to the wife. I have a Nightforce F1 sitting in the safe awaiting for its arrival.

Thanks a lot Mark - you do great work!!!

Last edited:
Another rifle headed for the stars! My wife saw it - now we've got to sell a motorcycle!

Last edited: