• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC The Bullet Seating Die

My light at the end of the tunnel came today. Got the email with tracking info for my seating die. Prepping brass right now for when it gets here

You’ll love it. The .001 markings actually correspond with .001 of depth. It’s like magic. Now if only the 6.5cm resizing die would come in to go with my 6br and the seating die, I’d be tits happy.

I just checked 5 on my Sinclair....3x Lapua sized with SAC 6br sizing die...105 Hybrids, seated with The Seating Die....the needle barrely even moves.....doesn't even move from one line to the next...

I just checked 5 on my Sinclair....3x Lapua sized with SAC 6br sizing die...105 Hybrids, seated with The Seating Die....the needle barrely even moves.....doesn't even move from one line to the next...
That stinks for me... Wishing I had your success with the die. Dam it...

Well. If it makes you feel better, I’m running
Redding type s bushing die, an expander mandrel, and Berger 109’s in my 6BRA and I have run out in the 5k range. The worst was like 15k. You could see the run out on the 15k one.

Using the mighty armory FL GOLD die for my 6.5cm with a built in expander mandrel. Lapua brass, 140 Berger hybrids. Worst run out was 3k. Best was 0.5k. Good dies make a world of difference fellas.

Obviously using the short action customs seating die.

Reactions: OneShot63
Gentlemen, thank you for the updates. What I am most interested in is how repeatable the micrometer seat differents bullets calibers? ie If it calls for say 8.5 number in a 6.5mm Creedmoor after I used it for a .308WIN, will dialing the same 8.5 number gets me the same in the 6.5mm Creedmoor previous? Thank you
}
Anybody running this seating die on a Forster Co-Ax ? I have ran mine on the Co-Ax and cannot get any better than .0015 runout. My Redding Comm seaters get everything within .0007 or better. This die needs to be better than that for the cost. Hoping it will be better on the Zero Press once it’s delivered, have to wait until mid March or so for that though. If anyone has any feedback would be appreciated. Could be I am doing something wrong to run it in the Co-Ax...
Thanks...
FYI ”Scheels” has the zero press in stock. I ordered mine last night and have a FedEx tracking number. It said they have a few if you want to jump up from March.

}

FYI ”Scheels” has the zero press in stock. I ordered mine last night and have a FedEx tracking number. It said they have a few if you want to jump up from March.
Thank you for that, just ordered one.. Now I may have to sell the Dillon 750XL...

Just talked to Mark Gordon at SAC. He is sending me one to do a full review on for you guys. I requested 223rem and 308win just to keep it simple for the calibers to switch between for the testing. Stay tuned
Been following this thread for a while. What ever became of your review?

i now use the SAC bullet seater for everything from 224v to 300 NM. I dont even buy the cartridge specific seaters anymore (well i use mostly warners which is nice). Concentricity is awesome -- to me these dies (I have - one on each of my Area 419 turrets) have removed the need to buy caliber specific seaters --- a huge cost savings.

Reactions: skyrep
I did a little write-up on a SAC sizer. You folks may find it interesting.

i now use the SAC bullet seater for everything from 224v to 300 NM. I dont even buy the cartridge specific seaters anymore (well i use mostly warners which is nice). Concentricity is awesome -- to me these dies (I have - one on each of my Area 419 turrets) have removed the need to buy caliber specific seaters --- a huge cost savings.
So the standard seater will work as intended for 300NM and say 6.5x55?

edit:
I received an answer that their current seating die does NOT do 300 NM, but they may make one later on.

Last edited:
I have the seater and it works very well for it's intended use, but there is some bad information scattered in this thread.

Intent isn't to bust balls, but to prevent confusion for anyone especially new reloaders reading this.

I've had my Seating Die since Sept 2020. No regrets. I use the seating die for Grendel, Creedmoor, .308, 6mm ARC and i even tried a few .223 rounds. I've been selling all my other seating dies.

That's not how this die is suppose to work.
Creedmoor, 308, or anything .470 case head ✅.
6mm ARC, Grendel, &223 ❎ Hell the shoulder centering sleeve through hole on mine is .354 & the shoulder of a 223 is what .355. So no support at base & almost none on the 223 shoulder. I would expect terrible results.

Dave Tooley is the only one that pointed it out.
Two different diameter cartridges there.

.224 V is too small. It will physically fit, but I wouldn't expect stellar results. Calling BS on the 300NM!

@Mgordon - Sending you a PM of a pretty slick idea you might like regarding the magnum case head puzzle.
1630283028163.png

Reactions: Hegre