• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC "The Seater" die input wanted

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2021
USA
I juat ordered the seater die. To the guya that have it, how do you like it? I run 22gt, 22cm, 6gt, 6cm, 6bra, 25cm, 6.5cm. I want to get my zero press up and running, having 1 seating die to handle all these cartridges will really save space in my turret. End game for me tho, is to have one the 9 holes cit 1-1/4x24 to install a quick change bushing. This will allow me to run the seater, bullet puller and mandrel die all put the same slot.

Putting a quick change bushing in a Zero press is a travesty. Buy another turret if you need more ports.

Reactions: Sebrock
Putting a quick change bushing in a Zero press is a travesty. Buy another turret if you need more ports.
I've been running every die I have in a quick change through a mec marksman. I load all the above mentioned cartridges, plus 65 saum/prc/x284, 7-300prc, 300wsm, 300nmi 338 rum all in same manor. I have had NO issues having consistent shoulder bump under 001 variance and keeping total runout under 003. Once a rifle is properly tuned, iv3 found runout as long it don't exceed 005 really doesn't make any difference for tactical(half moa) grouoings. Now benchrest standards it does. The reason I only want one hole with a quick is for the puller, seater and mandrel body. I believe i have a ton of different Chambers I load, I dont want to run 3-4 turrets. I could do it all with 2 turrets having my seater quick change. Runout is marginally controlled by seating die in my findings anyway. If you start with very low runout after fl sizing, 90% the time a seated bullet will have minimal runout with higher quality seating dies.

I like it. I use mine for 22GT 6BRA. I've used it for 308, 6 and 6.5cm as well. The best. I just write down and take a picture of the setting. Measure the first one seated and go to town lol

Reactions: 4O6shootist
Have one and really like it. super easy to adjust on the die
The sizer is just as good.