• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sad Day at the reloading bench

Willys46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2007
Oregon City, OR
Sad day at the reloading bench! My Lee Hand Primer finally gave up the ghost. The handle busted right off!

I have had it well over 10 years and loaded many, many 1000's of rounds.

I will be off tomorrow to buy another. Its been a great product!

What piece of gear have you had for ever that finally let go?

Re: Sad Day at the reloading bench

Condolences. I did the same thing. I now have 3 Autoprimes scattered about the shop. One is in the range box and 1 each large and small on the bench.

When you get your new one, take it apart like to change primer trays. Add just a little general purpose grease or even vaseline to the 2 pivot points on the handle and linkage and it will last a lot longer.

Good luck with your new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What piece of gear have you had for ever that finally let go? </div></div>

Hey!!!
That's a little bit personal there, ain't it???

If you're in no hurry, I'll sell you the new handle I made for mine when it broke. I'm thinking $10 shipped. Its made of 4340, and I can guarantee it will never, ever break again. Pm me if interested with your email and I can send you a pic.

I had my desk chair in my reloading room shit the bed the other week.

I was shattered to say the least.

I don't believe Iv'e ever had anything go bad. I always try to get good quality stuff or or I have upgraded before anything has bit the dust.

Heck, I'll send you my Lee. I never saw the fascintaion, seperate shellholders and special at that, what a PITA.

I'd rather handle primers and use my Sinclair--but I don't, it's called an RCBS Universal, one shellholder for all, and seats well all the time--try that and you'll like it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What piece of gear have you had for ever that finally let go? </div></div>

Hey!!!
That's a little bit personal there, ain't it??? </div></div>

LOL...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fish301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck, I'll send you my Lee. I never saw the fascintaion, seperate shellholders and special at that, what a PITA.

I'd rather handle primers and use my Sinclair--but I don't, it's called an RCBS Universal, one shellholder for all, and seats well all the time--try that and you'll like it! </div></div>

This. The RCBS Universal primer rules.

i just saw that lee has a new design for the hand priming tool. the pan is not round anymore

The handle on my first Lee lasted 15 years. The second, less than a year. Replaced with an RCBS universal--which works...but not as well as the Lee!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my desk chair in my reloading room shit the bed the other week.

I was shattered to say the least. </div></div>

Man, thanks for that post...It made me laugh. I visualized myself getting my swivel on in my chair while reloading on my dillon 550b...good stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The handle on my first Lee lasted 15 years. The second, less than a year. Replaced with an RCBS universal--which works...but not as well as the Lee! </div></div>

Thats odd. The handle on my lee lasted 5 years before breaking. After that, I had 3 brand new ones break in a couple months time! Then again, I was seating Fed 210m's, which isn't recommended for the lee. I finally said screw it and bought an RCBS universal.... haven't had a chance to use it yet.