• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sad day

Toney198

Tikka Tweaker
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2017
fire.jpg

My 10 year old finally had a NICE shooter, he comes to me crying with this picture. He knows the camera, feeder electronics and his new blind are gone. I hate it for him.

Mods this was supposed to be in the hunting thread if it needs moved.

Hopefully at least the feeder will survive.

I feel bad for him, as nobody likes to see effort go up in flames (figuratively or literally). All is not lost though.

I understand that he's 10, but now might make a great time to help him refocus on the joys of just being able to appreciate and experience the outdoors...instead of letting him fixate on something that may develop a seasonal anxiety issue.

Best of luck to him this season.

I'm really sorry to hear that your child had such a disappointing experience. It's tough when something they were excited about doesn't go as planned. It might be a good opportunity to teach him about resilience and problem-solving, helping him come up with solutions.

Or, get out there and replace everything- NOW. Be the only operational feeder in the area.

Shit I've been hunting 38 years, in that time I've SEEN three bucks I would call "NICE". (and they wouldn't be very impressive in most places)

A shame about the material loss of gear, but habitat wise it's good in the longer run. Where I hunt is going through that now, recovering from logging. Great habitat for the deer, but an un-huntable mess. 20-25 years from now it will be great, but I won't.

View attachment 8213717

My 10 year old finally had a NICE shooter, he comes to me crying with this picture. He knows the camera, feeder electronics and his new blind are gone. I hate it for him.
Well good news is depending on where you are your going to get some good stuff coming back if you manage it. Good time for a food plot or an oak planting.