• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Safariland Liberator 2.0 opinions

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm looking at purchasing a nice set of electronic hearing protection and wanted to get those that have owned the liberators or used/borrowed them and get their opinions. There's not a lot of information about them out there regarding personal usage outside of some cut and paste articles.

How was the sound clarity in general and even compared to some of its competitors such as the sordins?

How durable have they turned out to be? I don't foresee more than getting tossed around my range bag but I don't want to purchase something that sounds good but doesn't hold up to some light abuse if unintentional.

Anyone have to deal with their customer service? Any good?

Pretty much looking for the good and bad

I have some. Only had them for a couple range sessions. Initially the things would randomly turn off. They took a trip back to Safariland. Took awhile to get them back due to parts shortage. CS was fine otherwise.

Now they are working great. I usually double up on ear pro so it's tough to give you an idea of the sound but it's decent. Nothing particularly horrible to call out. They have gel cups and are very comfortable. I really like the different sound modes. They usually live on a Enhanced mode but if it's windy or I need to drown out some background noise Clarity mode is great for that.

Looks wise, they seem pretty similar to MSA's. They're made in the US which is a plus. Overall I really like them. I have the behind the head suspension and it's very comfortable with various hat styles.

I wear them for work and i have been pleased with them, running them for comms and just on the flat range for ear pro they have done all i have asked of them and more. It’s hard to swap batteries occasionally because one will get hung up in the body of the muff and you have to tap it out but not a big deal. They perform fine while explosive breaching and flash bangs.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
    I wear them for work and i have been pleased with them, running them for comms and just on the flat range for ear pro they have done all i have asked of them and more. It’s hard to swap batteries occasionally because one will get hung up in the body of the muff and you have to tap it out but not a big deal. They perform fine while explosive breaching and flash bangs.

Black, I'm looking at the non coms versions but both are supposed to be the same internally. How's the noise attenuation indoors? Outside I'm assuming doubling up with them is less than necessary, if/when you don't double up how's the clarity and noise direction? Reading your post I'm guessing you're on a SWAT team. Are they team or personal use? Basically, are you and your teammates finding they are living up to their touted durability claims?

Black, I'm looking at the non coms versions but both are supposed to be the same internally. How's the noise attenuation indoors? Outside I'm assuming doubling up with them is less than necessary, if/when you don't double up how's the clarity and noise direction? Reading your post I'm guessing you're on a SWAT team. Are they team or personal use? Basically, are you and your teammates finding they are living up to their touted durability claims?
    I don’t double up ear pro ever. Clarity is good, and I find no issue discerning direction of noise or voices. Our whole team runs them and they have been great for us. They have seen lots of rain, fairly cold/hot temperatures and like I mentioned earlier blasts. No issues out of them for the last 3-4 years.