• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Safe Group Buy

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I have a friend who owns a safe mfg company (Ironman Safe Co) and if there is enough interest I will ask him to do a group buy. I am pretty sure that he will be happy to do so. He manufactures all safes from scratch up in Idaho and has been in business for around 20 years. All safes have 1/4 inch steel plate on the door, 8 gauge steel sides, and 2 layers of fire rock insulation in the walls. He can do any size and most colors, but obviously for a group buy we want to keep it limited to his in stock models since it will probably mean better pricing. He has anything from small paper safes to 64 gun safes. Digital or S&G group 2 combo locks. He has a freight shipping account and can ship anywhere in the US for pretty cheap or if you live nearby you can come and pick it up from the shop. He can also do vault doors if any of you are interested.
    Please post if you are interested in this. I figure that we will need at least 15 people to roger up. If you are just sort of interested say so so I know who is serious and who is just keeping an eye on this post for interest.
    I will reach out to him and get him to send me a list of all his safes with dimensions and weights.

P.S. I don't get anything out of this and I don't work for his company.

I’d be interested depending on prices and shipping info. Me and dad have been eyeing a few safes for awhile now

I'd be interested in seeing what the models & end cost with shipping winds up being as that may be a big part of the cost.

Here is his list with model number, dimensions, estimated gun capacity, and pricing.
    https://www.northidahosafeandvault.com/documents/pricing.pdf

He says that if we get 10 or 12 people together he can do 10% off the price of any standard model listed and $300 flat rate shipping to anywhere in CONUS.

His safes are rated for storage of Class III items, but please call and verify for yourself that the ratings are what you need because local regs may vary.
    He has a UL burglary rating and a Residential Security Container rating.
    If you need weight of a specific model he can provide that. He will do any interior layout that you want for no extra charge. Any doodads (lights, hinged gun racks, pistol holders, dehumidifiers) are obviously extra. Your choice of dial lock (standard, no cost) or digital (slight upcharge but if at least 10 folks want digital I might be able to get him to waive that).

The bottom line is that since he manufactures them from scratch the more of a specific model that we order the more of a discount he can offer for the folks that buy that model. If a group of folks wants the same safe in the same color with the same interior he can do really good deals because they are easier to make. It is the same concept as setting up tooling for a production run vs semi custom items. If you can get together with a buddy who lives nearby and bundle your shipping it gets even cheaper.

He said that if we get at least 10 folks who want exactly the same safe (model, color, lock, and interior) he will do a custom logo for you.

Once you have decided on a model please PM me and once we get at least 10 folks I will submit the order. Once 10 folks are in I will set a deadline for anyone else who wants in to get in but may be lagging and that will be it.

His safes are built with a 1/4 inch plate on the door, Sargent and Greenleaf Group 2 lock (leading industry standard) or digital lock, 8 gauge steel for the sides with 2 layers of firerock in the walls of the safe. He says that this will give you a fire rating of 2 hours give or take depending on the heat of the fire and the contents (store papers at the bottom of the safe). If you have fire rating concerns give him a call and he can answer them. He can also tell you cheap ways to further fireproof your safe to make it practically invulnerable to any fire.

If you think about it we all have guns that are worth thousands of dollars a piece and most of us don't have just one. Hopefully this group buy helps you folks get a good, American made safe at a good price.

If you have any questions please call him at 208-762-8834 between 7:30 and 3:30 Pacific time. Tell him you are a part of the group buy on Sniper's Hide.

P.S. To be totally clear, I get no kickback, special pricing, or any other benefit from this other than being able to use my time here to do something useful instead of sitting around waiting.

Last edited:
    That would be something that you would have to check with him about. I am sure that he CAN, but IDK the price. For EMP stuff he recommends a combo lock and if you will be going in and out of it throughout the day use the day lock feature on the combo lock for easy access

I would be interested in the largest model depending on price and shipping.

@lrp29 see my post above for link to pricing sheet(before discount) and shipping costs as well as other info such as available discounts and customization options.

understood....I guess it comes down the what the level of discount offered might be.

@lrp29 , please read the above post more carefully. 10% off any standard model (non custom), free custom interior layout. $300 flat rate shipping anywhere in CONUS. If we can get a few people to agree all on one model and color and lock the discount gets even larger. That shipping deal is pretty good considering his larger models weigh like 1500 lbs.

I’d be interested in a 3000 or 4000 depending on what it all fleshes out to be. I’d be cool to shoot Frank a message and see if you could get the SH logo over to him with an accompanying SH color. Other companies have done Hide branded runs So I’d be kind of cool to have a “limited run” hide safe for all your long range toys. Just a thought.

Thanks for the idea on talking to Frank. Will do. I know if he is okay with it my friend can do a plasma cut metal SH logo for the door if we get enough folks together.
    He has a sweet green he could do the logo in against the black background of the door.

@blair , you need to call the owner, Jason at 208 762 8834 to make sure that you are aware of the types he offers and all the intricacies of ordering a vault door.

Last edited:
    To get the logo done up that way would look pretty sharp. For what it’s worth, the group buys that get off the ground easier seem to be the ones where it’s “this is the model, this is how it’s configured, this is the cost.” Ones that allow multiple choices/configurations seem to get more unwieldy for the organizer and the vendor. Thanks for giving this a go.

Attachments

• C3EABCEF-2C12-4035-B419-CFF3D85A1744.jpeg
      C3EABCEF-2C12-4035-B419-CFF3D85A1744.jpeg
      17.8 KB · Views: 34
    Yeah, noted on the one model/price thing. Kinda already seeing that. I will see about the logo with Frank and will only offer that in one model, color, config. with a better discount. Otherwise the 10% deal holds on all other models

Not sure I can swing one at this time but the 5000 w/ free shipping would be very enticing...
    The SH logo would be great but the bottom dollar gets my vote.

@blair , you need to call the owner, Jason at 208 762 8834 to make sure that you are aware of the types he offers and all the intricacies of ordering a vault door.[/QUOTE]

Left him a voice mail.

Reactions: BoomerC
    Yeah, noted on the one model/price thing. Kinda already seeing that. I will see about the logo with Frank and will only offer that in one model, color, config. with a better discount. Otherwise the 10% deal holds on all other models

It seems like a bunch of people are interested in the 5000 model, myself included. Can you look into what he could do for a bunch of those?

Sure thing. I will reach out to him today or tomorrow and see what he can do. It will be all one color, black, as it looks nice and will cut down on cost.
    If most of you prefer dark green we can switch to that, but those are the 2 colors he does a lot of so we want to stick with one of those.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    So the owner of Ironman Safe says that if we get 10 folks together for the 5000 model (34 gun, normal price $1795) he will do a run in black and will do 10% off as well as a free upgrade to a digital lock (normally $180) OR if you want a standard dial lock he will throw that $180 towards your shipping. That means that with the 10% discount and the lock/shipping deal you will be getting $360 off of the total cost of the safe which is a smoking deal considering current steel prices.

If you want in on this please roger up by posting below that you for sure want to be in on the model 5000 group buy. That way I can get an accurate count. Once we have 10 folks I will give it a few days to catch any stragglers and then I will put out the group buy code and order forms and you can order your safes. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested as well.

Last edited:
    any idea what "UL Burglary Rated" means? RSC rated?
    (
    Burglary Classification Residential Security Container (RSC) signifies a combination or keylocked unit designed to offer protection against entry by common mechanical tools. Performance tests are conducted against the entire unit:

• The unit must resist at least 5 minutes of attack using tools such as: hammers, chisels, adjustable wrenches, pry bars, punches and screwdrivers.
    • Parameters: The hammers are not to exceed 3 pounds in head weight, and no tool is to exceed 18 inches in length. The product under test is to be mounted securely in its intended position, and the attack is to be carried out by one operator.)

you mentioned it being fire rated, or essentially fire proof. is there a fire rating?

how does that compare to Liberty safes at cabelas?

they seem better made, but if they are same same...

comparing to similar guardian safes, this weighs 250 lbs more.
    comparing to similar liberty safes this weighs 300 lbs more.
    so that's good.

Interested in a dark green one!

thanks again
    DT

any idea what "UL Burglary Rated" means? RSC rated?
    (
    Burglary Classification Residential Security Container (RSC) signifies a combination or keylocked unit designed to offer protection against entry by common mechanical tools. Performance tests are conducted against the entire unit:

• The unit must resist at least 5 minutes of attack using tools such as: hammers, chisels, adjustable wrenches, pry bars, punches and screwdrivers.
    • Parameters: The hammers are not to exceed 3 pounds in head weight, and no tool is to exceed 18 inches in length. The product under test is to be mounted securely in its intended position, and the attack is to be carried out by one operator.)

you mentioned it being fire rated, or essentially fire proof. is there a fire rating?

how does that compare to Liberty safes at cabelas?

they seem better made, but if they are same same...

comparing to similar guardian safes, this weighs 250 lbs more.
    comparing to similar liberty safes this weighs 300 lbs more.
    so that's good.

Interested in a dark green one!

thanks again
    DT

Would be interested in a 5000T or 5200...need the extra height of possible.