• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Safe websites for reloading components

FireFoot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2023
Detroit, Michigan,USA
In my constant search to find reloading components I have found quite a few scam sites online. It is so very frustrating to think you FINALLY found some primers or powder to then only learn it’s all a scam.
My question is can y’all post the places where you have have found components online? It would help many of us and save time and money.

In my constant search to find reloading components I have found quite a few scam sites online. It is so very frustrating to think you FINALLY found some primers or powder to then only learn it’s all a scam.
My question is can y’all post the places where you have have found components online? It would help many of us and save time and money.
They're super easy to spot ...
  • They don't take credit cards
  • They want payment via Zelle, Bitcoin, Venmo, PayPal, etc.
  • They have multiple impossible to find products in stock at reasonable prices
  • Their contact information never includes an actual street address that googles out to be real
Pretty damn simple ... takes me about 30 seconds to spot a scam site ... which includes time for a sip of coffee.

They're super easy to spot ...
  • They don't take credit cards
  • They want payment via Zelle, Bitcoin, Venmo, PayPal, etc.
  • They have multiple impossible to find products in stock at reasonable prices
  • Their contact information never includes an actual street address that googles out to be real
Pretty damn simple ... takes me about 30 seconds to spot a scam site ... which includes time for a sip of coffee.
While I agree with everything you’ve stated in the past month or 2 I’ve ran across 2 different sites that take credit cards. One of them was using another companies name,the real company did not sell online. This is why I made the post,like the scammer’s here they are pretty sneaky everywhere.
Thanks for your response

This is what happens. You find a good place with good prices, right as you are adding 16 pounds of powder to your cart…….and some other forum member is 20 seconds ahead. Then it’s gone.

First place to look is your LGS.

These are the business I have found to be reliable for reloading components. Brownells, Midway, Midsouth, Graf’s, Creedmoor Sports, Powder Valley. All these have been in business for years and are legitimate.

Rule of thumb…when its there, buy it because tomorrow it won’t be (at any price) However, One of my favorite places to visit and least favorite places to purchase items is a large sporting good outlet in Bastrop, Louisiana. They often have a good supply of any and everything you could want (excepting components for Precision Rifles). Price, If you can afford their prices, you can afford to build the plant to make the component. :D . They had large rifle primers and small rifle primers when no one else in the world had primers. Limit, 100 per customer and for once, the price was only $5 per hundred. Brenda and I each purchased a hundred.