• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Safety Third

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    145845FF-AEDC-4709-967F-220228B3F282.jpeg
    0EDA125A-E64F-4FBF-A7FA-CF41659013A6.jpeg

Not impressed. Glad everyone here never makes mistakes. Guy makes 1 public mistake and gets crucified. Nothin like eating our own. Smh

The fellow in question is not remotely identified in this patch.
    A sneeze isn't a disease, it's a symptom of a greater problem.

Not impressed. Glad everyone here never makes mistakes. Guy makes 1 public mistake and gets crucified. Nothin like eating our own. Smh
    This isn’t a mistake. A mistake is dialing 1.6 mils when you should have dialed 1.7.

This is a complete lapse of judgement on an extremely dangerous level.

Last edited:
    That's about on par with the PRS shooters I have encountered. Totally oblivious to everything around them to where it's just unsafe.

That's about on par with the PRS shooters I have encountered. Totally oblivious to everything around them to where it's just unsafe.

I've seen a lot of safety lapses shooting PRS matches.

However, I haven't shot a PRS match since the fall of 2018, so I'm unsure of where PRS is at today in regards to safety.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    What’s hilarious is all of his teammates and PRS buddies coming to his defense saying shit like “the bolt is back” and “he had a chamber flag in” like that’s supposed to justify the blatant disregard for safety. 🤦‍♂️ We all know if he wasn’t shooting for “that team” that the fucking fallout would have been much worse. I think Frank was just trying to have some friendly Trolling on FB but they got pretty feisty and one even threatens to beat his ass. 🤦‍♂️😂 even “the guy”. (Not going to drop his name here) Had this as his profile picture.

That's not a mistake.

A mistake is breaking the 180 by a couple of degrees on a hard run uprange.

What that guy did is the same as doing unload and show clear with the pistol pointing at your head

Honestly, the lack of firearms safety I‘ve witnessed at PRS matches is mind blowing. Its like folks have never heard of the 4 rules of firearms safety. It’s not a question of if someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed at one of these matches, but when. I’ve seen; a handgun pulled from a backpack and the shooter walk up to the line with the gun tucked under his arm pit (sweeping everyone behind them) while he loaded his mag, a RO clear a handgun while the shooter was down range shooting their rifle, the muzzle on the foot, the hand over the muzzle, sweeping everyone as you carry your rifle, people walking in front of grounded rifles, unintentional discharges and the rifle toss, to name a few. None of these violations resulted in a DQ. I started shooting / running local PRS type matches in 2016. I came from a USPSA background. We integrated their range safety rules / range commands into our PRS matches locally. If you haven’t participated in USPSA, they have firearms safety and range commands down. USPSA and Multigun shooters run with loaded weapons and shoot while moving and do it safely. Gun handling, when not shooting, is controlled with very specific rules. Witnessed safety violations are dealt with an immediate DQ. I emailed Shannon when he took over the PRS and expressed my concerns regarding safety in the PRS and suggested he look at USPSA as a guide. I got a generic reply indicating they were looking at the rules. Without proper safety rules that are enforced, these types of safety violations will continue and someone will get hurt. The shooting sports are dangerous because of the tools we use to compete. Accidents do happen, but those incidents and the risk can be mitigated with proper safety rules the enforcement of those rules.

Can’t believe this hasn’t become a group buy thread yet.

Reactions: akmike47
    So, if everyone is so concerned about safety, as they should be, why does everyone allow or look the other way when everyone gets swept with a rifle that's carried in a case or drag bag? Just because there's a thin layer of plastic or nylon covering a rifle, it doesn't make it any more safe than sweeping everyone with a rifle that's not in a case or drag bag.

Reactions: Danrobberg
    So, if everyone is so concerned about safety, as they should be, why does everyone allow or look the other way when everyone gets swept with a rifle that's carried in a case or drag bag? Just because there's a thin layer of plastic or nylon covering a rifle, it doesn't make it any more safe than sweeping everyone with a rifle that's not in a case or drag bag.
    (1) because you intentionally are bring a smacktard
    (2) A case represents a physical barrier to your booger hook
    (3) Fucking necroposters

Reactions: BurtG
    If you need to ask this you do not have the mental capacity to own or shoot firearms.

Reactions: Emerson0311
    (1) because you intentionally are bring a smacktard
    (2) A case represents a physical barrier to your booger hook
    (3) Fucking necroposters

And loaded/chambered firearms have never discharged in a case/bag/holster.

Look who's the stupid one.

If you need to ask this you do not have the mental capacity to own or shoot firearms.
    Glock had to redesign the hard cases their pistols originally came in- specifically for the US market. They originally had a post that stuck through the trigger guard, to index them within the case. US buyers were having negligent discharges because they were attempting to store loaded guns in the cases. Gaston basically said, “we’re not redesigning the cases just because Americans are idiots.” The lawyers interceded. This is documented in “Glock- The Rise of America’s Gun.”

• Haha
    Reactions: BurtG