• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sage EBR Question??

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
Guys, I am thinking about upgrading my Socom to a Sage EBR chassis and need some input on the scope mount. Currently I am using a CASM mount on my socom but my buddy that is buying my stock and other parts wants it as well. I am wondering if I should keep it or go with the Sage M14DCSB Detachable Cantilevered Sight Base Mount. Anyone that has used either of these mounts with this stock thanks in advance for your input. Also the parts I am looking at buying are on GB but if anyone here has them forsale let me know. Thanks

Go with the cantilever mount. I tried going cheap with ordering the stripper clip guide mount and it was a waste of money. No fault of the mount, a lot of commercial receivers, especially sai have out of spec geometry compared to the usgi design, the stripper guide being one. My lrb was out of spec, a little too short that resulted the scope pointing up causing it to run out of elevation. The cantilever mount is adjustable for height giving you plenty of adjustment. Get it, you won't regret it.

I'm running a Smith mount on mine with the Sage chasis. They are some of the only mounts I'll use on M1A's.

Email LaRue and get their Sage mount. Use the LaRue or the Sage DCSB mount. Those are your 2 best options.

The Larue Sage Mount is one awesome looking piece. I would go for that if I was doing it all over again.

I myself am using a regular ADM-E mount, only I mount it backwards, it works out great! One thing I hate about M14 is scoping them, and I never liked the scope mounts that clamps to the receiver like spring clamps on the Mexican Lowriders.

Mounting to the Sage Top rail is the perfect solution. To take off the mount and scope, all you have to do is take off the entire top rail, and when you put it all back, it keeps it's zero. Sage also makes your M14 more accurate (consistent), because it bolts the action to the stock. Cheek weld is also fixed with the Sage stock.

IMG_2221-vi.jpg

How is the cheek weld with that? I had the LaRue on my EBR:

DSC00730_zps8197533b.jpg

Nice lookin Rifle! Did you sell your rifle?

Our distance above bore appears to be the same, and we both have the same CTR high riser, so I am going to say it's the same as yours. I don't have the Sage, I have a Marstar AKM (no longer being made). I had the prototype version and got a great deal on it. It works very much like a Sage in that I have to replace the oprod guide with the one provided so I can screw the stock into the action.

I am currently using a Springfield 4th Gen scope mount, with mine and have had minor problems with it.
Problems related all to operator error :rolleyes: but once I have figure out what I did wrong I have had little problems from it

Guys thanks for all the help I couldn't find a Sage so I called up LaRue and ordered one of their's today. I have never used any of LaRue's stuff so I hope I made a good choice.

Watch the recoil lugs on the LaRue, they're not solid across side to side allowing the top rail of the Sage to chew them up because of the cutout channel in the Sage top rail.