• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Saiga 12Gua Barrel Cut & Thread

PLeighton

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
NE North Carolina
www.l8ntactical.com
I have a friend at work that recently ran out and bought a Saiga 12 Gauge as well as every accessory he could find.
One of mods he is trying to do is have the barrel shortened and then threaded to accept the brake he bought.

Can anyone recomend a good smith that would be able to hook him up?

Re: Saiga 12Gua Barrel Cut & Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20mmx.75 is the thread pitch. a couple people sell them. </div></div>

The thread on the 12ga is M22x0.75. We can thread the barrel, it is easier to do if the barrel is removed though. You might also have him check out our KA-SG01 improved gas tappet, it runs cleaner and helps the S-12 cycle low-brass rounds a lot more reliably.

Also, we'll have the first production run of our US-made Saiga-12 barrels available around September.

Re: Saiga 12Gua Barrel Cut & Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingarmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20mmx.75 is the thread pitch. a couple people sell them. </div></div>

The thread on the 12ga is M22x0.75. We can thread the barrel, it is easier to do if the barrel is removed though. You might also have him check out our KA-SG01 improved gas tappet, it runs cleaner and helps the S-12 cycle low-brass rounds a lot more reliably.

Also, we'll have the first production run of our US-made Saiga-12 barrels available around September. </div></div>

Sweet i just got a Siaga 12, dealer got the 24" barrel by accident. so i'm in the market for a shorter barrel