• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Sako 85 and Tikka Prefit

fmillik

Northwoods
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2020
Rhinelander, WI
I‘m about 1200 rounds into Sako 85 260 Rem, and I was wondering if anyone knew about doing a rebarrel on a Sako 85. Can I use a Tikka prefit or is this something I should just send out to a smith when the time comes? (barrel is still shooting great, but at the rate I am going the barrel will need to be changed at some point)

If anyone is curious @JoedirtPNW has indicated he has been able to screw a Tikka prefit from CarbonSix barrels onto his Sako A7.

Beretta (US distributor) stated that Sako has never published their barrel tenon, but that they don’t think they are compatible.

All my research suggested that the Sako 85 and Tikka t3 have the same barrel tenon. The question is whether it is metric or imperial.

Either way, both 1”-16 TPI and 25 mm 1.6 pitch with 60 degree threads works.

Reactions: Luke G
According to proof the barrel tenon is the same. I'm about to snag a C6 barrel and give it a whirl.

Reactions: fmillik