• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO FinnFire 22lr

Re: SAKO FinnFire 22lr

When I was still shooting IR50/50 I shot 10's of 1000's of shell through mine. Had the bolt face ground square with the action, had the bbl squared and set back so Lapua Midas ammo would engage the riflings.
Rifle would and still will shoot lights out. Eventually put in a ltwt stock, Jewell trigger and a Lilja bbl and made a full blown sporter out of it. Best I shot with it was a 147 and quite sure 3 pts I dropped were me. Sako actions were the main action for the Sporter class of IR50/50 then because of the weight issue. The Remington 40X action was used in the 10.5lb and 13.5lb classes. Both are very good actions, both need extra work from the factory to reach their full potential, and both are capable of exceptional accuracy. krw
A good trick to do with the Sako's bbl was to "cone" the back of the bbl, then the bbl could be rotated like an 1/8 of a turn at a time to "tune" the bbl to different ammo.

Re: SAKO FinnFire 22lr

I have had 11 different Sako P94's with Lilja barrels/ McMillan stocks/ Jewell triggers. They are a fantastic rifle and super accurate. I used to shot IR 50/50 as well. Won lot's of hardware with this combo.

Re: SAKO FinnFire 22lr I have ine available

I have one to sell in good condition. Beenjammin (you have PM) gets first pic. After him any one PM me for info and pictures.