• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako finnfire question

gszeto99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Illinois, USA
Does the finnfire .22lr varmint fit in the 595 master sporter stock? I know that the finnfire range has a similar stock if not the same one.

Thanks in advance

Gene

Re: Sako finnfire question

Yes. It is the same barreled action. Just different stocks.

very cool.....thank you so much....according to your information I can now create a finnfire range. Are there any tips or suggestions when putting them together (a finnfire varmint and 595 master sporter stock)? Anythng else I should know? One thing I did notice when looking at the stock on the finnfire range was that there was no hole on the right side of the stock to show the magazine. The 595 master sporter stock has a hole on the right side of the stock to show the magazine. Is that the only difference between the finnfire range stock and the 696 master sporter stock?

Thank you

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never seen a 696 master stock. </div></div>
Do you mean a 595 master sporter stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. It is the same barreled action. Just different stocks. </div></div>
You sounded so sure and confident in this response like you knew what stock I was talking about.

Well anyways here is a pictue of the stock

!BY6DzGw!mk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKkEwKy,vw~~_3.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very cool.....thank you so much....according to your information I can now create a finnfire range. Are there any tips or suggestions when putting them together (a finnfire varmint and 595 master sporter stock)? <span style="font-weight: bold"> Anythng else I should know? </span> One thing I did notice when looking at the stock on the finnfire range was that there was no hole on the right side of the stock to show the magazine. The 595 master sporter stock has a hole on the right side of the stock to show the magazine. Is that the only difference between the finnfire range stock and the 696 master sporter stock?

Thank you

Gene </div></div>

Not sure if this is what you mean but on my FinnFire Varmint the torque on the action screws can be tightened/loosened to make a difference on your group size. I don't have and torque values it's more of trial and error.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">696 is for a centerfire. </div></div>

Never heard of the Tikka 696 or Sako 696. Did a google search and could not find either one. Went to the Sako and Tikka websites searching through their new and old models and could not find a 696.

However the Tikka 695 is a long action centerfire action. The Tikka 595 is the short action centerfire action.

My question since the beginning is this: I have recently acquired a Tikka Master Sporter 595 (Short action) stock. You can see the picture in the above post. I need to know if I can drop a Sako .22lr finnfire varmint barreled action into the Tikka Master Sporter 595 stock?

The Sako .22lr finnfire range "sporter" has a very similar looking stock if not the same one. The only difference I can see from the pictures of a Sako .22lr finnfire range is there is no magazine hole on the right side of the stock on the range version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if this is what you mean but on my FinnFire Varmint the torque on the action screws can be tightened/loosened to make a difference on your group size. I don't have and torque values it's more of trial and error.</div></div>
KS, thank you for your advice. I can confirm that with my cz 452 american and custom ruger 10/22. That is why I always use a torque wrench when I put those things back together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gszeto99,
Sorry, but this will not work. The finnfie action is totally different from the 595 centerfire action. </div></div>
Dick Davis, thank you for your reply. After looking at pictures of the finnfire range and 595 master sporter I can see that the finnfire definitely has a smaller (shorter) receiver. I was afraid that it would probably not be compatible with each other. I just needed confirmation from someoneelse who was more knowledgeable than me since I do not have a sako finnfire and have only recently acquired the 595 master sporter stock.

I doubt the fiinfire barreled action will fit in the centerfire stock. Action is different as to the inlet of the stock.

Answer is no.