• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Sako Green?

outlawsix

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2003
Carriere, Ms
Ok A memeber here and I am on the hunt for Sako TRG green. Has anyone gotten ahold of some and painted their TRG black rifles to match the Sako TRG green stocked ones? Am chasing down a few leads but any help would be appreciated.

If you were able to match up the color exactly would you mind sharing what the paint color code, maker, anything was please?

Thank you very much.

Re: Sako Green?

I did that and he gave me his info. Can't seem to locate that color green anywhere stateside. But I am still looking.

k an update for those out there with black TRG's. I spoke with Mr. Randy at Duracoat yesterday. The cheek piece from my green TRG-42 is in route to him. He will be making a Sako TRG color aviable to those who are interested. I am getting the little kit for doing 4-5 rifles.

So for those who have been on a hunt. At least you have an option now. Shipped it today so should be there by Tuesday or Wednesday.

let me know six, you know I need that color. Also having my uncle mix me whatever terje is spraying so theres another option.

Well fellas I got it in today. It is called "Sako Green" on the bottle. When I called and talked with Mr. Randy he said they called it "Custom Sako Green". So try either on when you order it. Mr. Randy went on to say this color will be included in their new catalog.

They sent a piece of paper that had been painted with it along. Just what the doctor ordered. I have been supper busy with work. But as soon as I get a day off I have a few projects and pictures to take. This is one of them. I will have a pic of the TRG-42, green from the factory, and the painted TRG-22. So you will be able to see for yourself if they look the same.

Well here you go.
SN852055.jpg

Now the question fellas. Which one is factory and which one is painted? We finally have our Sako green.

Only thing I din't like was the air brush kit that came with it. Didn't work right for me anyway. lucky I had one stowed away for a rainy day.

Will take a fullsize rifle pic once the paint has dried and the rifle is put back together. Mr. Randy with Duracoat matched it up perfectly.

does the duracoat come in rattle cans or what? I have an auto-body buddy that has offered to paint mine for me so I don't f it up.
Isaac

the stock and uhm... thats about it
smile.gif
I want to do the barrel and what not in black. Just never done it before

Original cheekrest looks darker that rest of stock. Surface layer is differend. Stock surface is coarse, rest is smoother.

Rest is designed way it doesent feel so cold against cheek at arctic winter.
Thats way it looks differend compared to stock- for a reason.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/ This should answer most of the questions. As I mentioned I didn't like the airbrush kit that came with mine. I had an airbrush kit I had bought from Walmart a few years ago. It has the propalent in the can. Worked perfectly.

Yes cheek rest is smoother than rest of the stock. Funny how smalls things like that make a big difference. I did compare the painted stock to the factory green one. Looks the same to me. Wondering if the percieved color difference is due to surface finish, smooth vs. coarse?

Have to let it cure fully. Then will put it all back together and take pics. In fact may make a curing box today just to speed things along.

I know this is an older thread. Just got around to taking pictures of the Duracoated rifle. One is he original Sako green from the factory the other one is a Duracoated stock. I sent them a green cheek piece off the factory rifle in order for them to color match.

So which is which?
SN852356.jpg

Again sorry it has taken so long to post the pics. Life has been a little wild lately. And before someone gets all critical yes they are at slightly different angles.

I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Are there any other options other than duracoat? I have a rifle that was previously cerakoated a different color that I would like to get as close as I can to Sako green to match the new KRG stock. Any leads on something that is close? I don't want to have to strip off the previous finish completely. It's an OD color and they clash badly. If I can't find the right color, I'll just rattle can the action and barrel black, but I'm hoping someone has some leads.

Now I’m reviving this old post. I have a couple KRG chassis in Sako green trying to find cerakote color to match my barrel. Does anybody know of a cerakote color I can give my builder?

Not an exact match but my 25 CM was an attempt to match the Sako green.

Attachments

• CA981CB2-6718-4540-BFFC-D59C8B44DD3E.jpeg
    CA981CB2-6718-4540-BFFC-D59C8B44DD3E.jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 256