• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Sako l691 bedding.

Phye2003

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2013
St. Clair Mo
Has anyone bedded a sako l691 before? Do you have to bed the recoil lug first and then the action? The stock it is going in is a hs precision psv065. Just want some input if there is any before start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but I did mine all at one time. Mine is a 6.5x55 and is the best shooting factory rifle I've ever had.

Ok the stock it is in now the recoil lug is bedded into the stock and is not removable with out ruining something. I am going to make a new one can i get you to measure yours and give me dimensions of it?

Did you pillar bed yours?

I didnt bed the first stock. It was like that when i got it. So i either have to make a new recoil lug or try to find a new one.

Not that you care but I thought that I would share, that howa 1500 la bottom metal works on this action.

Thats good to know... A little late i just spent 3 months and hundreds or calls, emails, ect. On finding a mag box for this one. Lol I should of asked...