• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sako optilock 0 moa?

RHallenbeck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2011
Beaumont, Tx
Is the Sako Optilock mount 0 moa? If so why did they not incorporate some MOA to help with scope elevation?
Rick

Re: sako optilock 0 moa?

Yes they're 0 moa and they're primarily a hunting ring, hence, no cant.

get the Sako Tactical Scope Mount. It has built-in 30 MOA cant and is excellent. My D34 for my SB PMII rides low and is like a rock.

That is what I was thinking of doing as well.. I have a 20MOA pic rail and though about referencing the amount to take off the front ring using it as a taper guide..

Thanks,
Rick

If you are trying to figure out how much to lower your front ring by the most accurate way would be to calculate it using trigonometry. If your rings are 100mm apart like mine are on a size M , 85 action you will need to remove 0.58mm to get 20MOA of taper. Like it shows in my thread with the pictures I removed the material from the base because there is a locating spigot on the ring which you would not want to remove.

Nice work XOK. I just put some shim between the rear ring and mount.

Mine is the quick release TRG style. I will probably just shim the rear up rather then cut on the mount or try to trim around the aligning collar free hand on the mill..

Rick

Most optilocks I saw had to be re-worked to get to zero. Some where positiv some negativ. I also prefered the grinding method like xod did.
edi