• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO: pronounced Sah-ko, not Say-ko.

Das Capitolin

Target + Tactical
Minuteman
May 14, 2011
Northern Nevada
gunwarrior.com
I just got off the phone with one of their company reps, and learned that the beloved SAKO brand is actually pronounced Sah-ko and not Say-ko.

Now you know. :cool:

SAKO, Limited is a Finnish firearm manufacturer located in Riihimäki. It is now owned by the Italian arms holding company Beretta. Sako rifles are known for their quality, accuracy, and premium price.

Sweetheart I believe you are mistaken....why would you name your company suck-hole?!

Bless your heart.

Watch the CEO get corrected when he walks into a gun shop.

[video=youtube;v=zZ3fjQa5Hls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls[/video]

Personally, I think all Finnish sounds like the Swedish Chef. That said, rode MC through Finland a couple of years ago and they are the nicest people ever.

If they want to say Saaaah-ko. They have my vote. After all, it's their tundra.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Oehler is pronounced A-ler.

Learned that when I ordered my 35P.

images

Last edited:
The one I hear butchered the worst is Geissele. I've heard Jiz-EL-E... Jeez-elley... Geez-ELL... Ga-zel-E and geez-jeez-goddamityouknowwhatimean. Most here know but it's pronounced Guys-Lee

Mine is a sayko. If I have to call it a socko, I'm gonna get rid of it.

Anyone know how to pronounce Kahles? I've been saying Kailes but i've also heard Kah-lez.

Speaking as the guy from Lapua (and Vihtavuori, for that matter), so long as your name's on an invoice, you can pronounce it any way you want to.

SAKO: pronounced Sah-ko, not Say-ko.

While we're on the subject, it's 'laah puah' not 'la poo ugh'.

And don't get me started on "I rack" and "I ran" being countries instead of verb forms.

But Geissele... Now there's a stumper.?

Say-ko. Even if the other pronunciation is correct, it sounds stupid in my view.

That's kind of subjective, as when you're from europe the american pronunciation sounds stupid :)

In most euro countries the accentuation is on the first vowel, while in the US it is mostly the second (Laaapua vs Lahpoooa).

Tomato - tomato... well if you say it the second one sounds different ;)

Kahles = Call Us... as per the Kahles reps (great people)

socko sounds stupid. someone needs to tell them that to continue good sales and be popular, it needs to be a name that is as attractive as the product is accurate and thats, say-ko..