• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad 10rd 22LR magazine

Ratbert

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2007
Concord, NC
Can anyone tell me how long (tall) a Sako Quad 10rd 22LR magazine is? Just curious.

Re: Sako Quad 10rd 22LR magazine

Does anyone have a 10 rounder that reliably feeds the 10 rounds? I'm debating sending my mag back to Beretta, but I've heard that all of these mags suffer from this.

I encourage you to send your 10-round mag to Beretta, maybe we can get them all reworked or replaced, if you are successful.

Ugh! I called them and they won't take it back since I bought it from thecountryshed.com

It has to be returned to the distributor if you didn't buy it from them. I can't seem to find Quad mags on their site even though the guy on the phone said they are there.

My three work perfectly fine, but I have read many people can only get them to feed 9 rounds reliably.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ugh! I called them and they won't take it back since I bought it from thecountryshed.com

It has to be returned to the distributor if you didn't buy it from them. I can't seem to find Quad mags on their site even though the guy on the phone said they are there.</div></div>

http://www.thecountryshed.com/sako_tikka_magazines.htm

just before half way down, right under that blue header.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoleCailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My three work perfectly fine, but I have read many people can only get them to feed 9 rounds reliably. </div></div>
What brand and type of ammo are you using that work OKay in these mags? When you load the 10th round, does it fit very tightly?

Are you guys saying the first round into the rifle doesnt feed correctly when there are 10 loaded or is it the final round that doesnt feed?

The first and the second... if you only load 8 into the mag, they all feed.

I use Wolf match ammo but had no trouble with them when my friend was shooting my rifle with Walmart CCI. Its not abnormally tight with 10 rounds loaded. Feeds all 10 rounds just fine. I read about the problems people are having after I had already got them but I had not shot the gun yet. I took them out for the first time expecting problems but they worked fine
shocked.gif

I suspect that the tightness when loading the ninth and tenth rounds (that makes it impossible to feed them properly) is due to a slightly larger diameter rim. If so, some ammo with smaller diameter rims should load properly, that's why I asked about ammo that works in some Quad mags.

Well, when stuff like Eley and Lapua doesn't feed...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect that the tightness when loading the ninth and tenth rounds (that makes it impossible to feed them properly) is due to a slightly larger diameter rim. If so, some ammo with smaller diameter rims should load properly, that's why I asked about ammo that works in some Quad mags. </div></div>

I have got some Eley at home and will run it next time I got to the range and let you know if it works or not.