• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad aftermarket barrels

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

Does anyone have both of the Superior Tactical and Lilja barrels for their Sako Quad? Just wondering how they stack up against each other? And if they offer a marked gain in accuracy over Sako factory barrels? Thanks.

Pete

Re: Sako Quad aftermarket barrels

Thanks tuna921.

There is a $171 difference between the ST and Lilja barrels, so if "you get what you paid for" applies here then Lilja should shoot better.

Just occured to me, did you mean that the Lilja shoots better than factory, or the ST barrel, or both?

Everything I have heard about the factory barrel was that it was amazingly accurate for a stock barrel.

I've heard the same. With the rate those factory barrels are going for, if I bought a Quad and sold the factory barrel it will get me most of the way to the Lilja barrel.
smile.gif

Best part is there is no wait for the Lilja Quad barrel since they stock them...

Ya Lilja is super fast. I called and ordered a drop in for my quad today during lunch, when I got home I already had an email with tracking info! Big +1 for them.

Yeah I've heard people waiting up to 3 months or more for a Lilja barrel so I am glad they stock Quad barrels.

Lilja has quad barrels in stock so I am not sure what you are waiting for. The only wait I have ever heard of for lilja drop-ins were when people were trying to get 5 people on a sale to get GB pricing.

Oh I was referring to Lilja barrels made for other rifles and other calibers, not Quad barrels. I was saying that it is great you don't have to wait for Quad barrels because they have it in stock.
smile.gif