Sako quad aftermarket stocks and other parts.

458win

Send it
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2010
Bought a sako quad 17m2 and hate the cheap lightweight plastic stock it came with. The only replacement stock I have been able to find is a Manners and those run $500 which is more then I paid for the whole rifle. Is there any other aftermarket stocks out there built for the quad or will work with a reasonable amount of reinletting and bedding? Thanks in advance!

maladat

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
TX
Re: Sako quad aftermarket stocks and other parts.

I am about to have a Robertson Composites RT Original stock put on mine (it's a ~20oz carbon fiber stock designed for silhouette competition). The stock is only ~300 but it's going to cost ~200 to have it inletted and bedded so that doesn't really help you (they come completely uninletted).

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com

you will be hard pressed to find a quality after market stock for under $450 for the quad, that is just the nature of the beast, you may be better of selling it on buying a Savage MK II TR

Iggy

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2010
    Northern California

I personally have the Manners and love it! It's well worth every penny I paid.

XLR Industries lists the Sako Quad as an inlet for their chassis.

458win

Send it
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2010

Is there any actions that are inletted close that would possibly work? Like a 77/22? I would like to keep it under $300 if possible. Thank you for the replys!