• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Barrel ??

scsbronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Michigan
Im building up my own Quad finally. So far i have the std 22lr. I have a McMillan A5 coming in a few days. Im in need of some barrels. Im trying to decide between the factory heavy barrels and Lilja. I need one in 22lr and one in 17hmr. I talked to AJ at Euro Optics today. I was going to order then took a step back. What are your thoughts?

If your Quad came with a barrel, shoot that a bit before you decide to replace it. If you managed to simply buy the action, I'd probably lean toward Lilja but my factory barrel is good enough that I cancelled my Lilja order.

Mine came already built out and the barrel was Lilja. It shoots great and I would recommend them for the Quad. I also have a 17HMR threaded barrel that I have never used.

I have both the factory and two aftermarket barrels for my Sako Quad. Larry Gish ([email protected]) did my aftermarket barrels on PacNor blanks, and both barrels shoot much better then I do. Larry's service was fast and considerably less expensive than the Lilja route. You might give him a call. I certainly saw a difference in group size from the factory barrel to the aftermarket.

I have a 17hmr barrel coming from Shoots4fun. I cant wait to try that out. I ordered a rail through Euro Optics and they sent me the wrong rail. So, that will put me out a few more days. Pictures coming up soon.

Here is what I have together so far. I sent quite a few emails back and forth with Ryan from McMillan. That guy has alot of patience. I asked him to send me a pic of the Quad stock then had sitting there. After some bartering and some laughs he gave me an incredible price. Its ugly but it matches my 308. He was great to work with.

o8dri9.jpg