• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako quad ?? Bolt Release pin

Fishman7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2008
FT. Lauderdale Florida USA
can anybody tell me how far the pin that holds in the bolt release sticks out of the under side of the receiver
it seems as mine maybe out a tad too far not allowing my action to sit in the Manners stock properly and the rear action screw cant catch the threads

Re: Sako quad ?? Bolt Release pin

I haven't had my quad out of the stock in a while but the bolt release pivot pin does protrude quite a ways but if I remember correctly there's a recess for it and it should not stick below the bottom surface of the receiver.

It should clear the Manners inlet as is (mine did) but measure to be sure. You want the pin long enough such that the stock keeps the pin from falling out but not so long that it prevents the action from seating in the stock.

One thing you might want to check: one of my two Manners Quad stocks needed the inlet opened a bit at the rear tang of the receiver; it wasn't cut back far enough and the receiver rear tang was sitting up on the non-relieved portion of the stock which prevented it from seating.