• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Help...

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
I had the great pleasure of shooting my new MCS-T4 Quad today for 10 rounds. Then my extractor broke. Fuck. I was going to enter a comp. tomorrow but it looks like I'll be sidelined. So Brownells is a no go for the extractor. Might you gents have any idea where I might be able to find one. I tried a call to Beretta USA, but they are off for the weekend.

Also, Just to be sure this is the issue. Would someone with a Quad take a look see at their extractor? If I look at my bolt face. My extractor has a bevel at the lower corner. The face of the bevel looks very clean so I just want to make sure that the bevel should not be there. I believe that the extractor should have a full rectangular face. I'll snap pics of mine in just s few minutes.

Thanks,

STS

Photos,
100_0448.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0454.jpg

Re: Sako Quad Help...

Check on RFC...several have posted regarding Extraction Issues. Let us know when you get it all figured out. I would take pics of mine...but the wife just left with the camera, maybe tomorrow.

Best,
Max

Thanks for the tip. I only found issues regarding live ammo extraction.

STS

gotblika,

Thank you.

So it is not the extractor. Your photos of the extractors look identical to mine.
I removed my barrel and the extractor to see if there was anything amiss. The extractor channel on the barrel had a very slight bur immediately next to the chamber mouth that was protruding into the extractor channel. I'm hoping that it was just enough to interfere with the extraction. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the photos.

STS

I didn't read the above link but I have read a couple threads where live rounds would not extract from the chamber. Most guys are using cleaning rods to knock the rounds out. Maybe take a wooden dowel so you can at least shoot the match.

Jim

I'm hoping that it was the small bur that I discovered. I was running two different lots of Winchester Target ammo yesterday.
My neighbor gave me a couple of boxes of Eley to shoot today. If I can get it running then I'll be GTG for the match. If not, the gents at the match have a ton more experience than I do with rimfires. So I suspect that I will be able to get a little help there too.

STS

Quick update. The bur that was interfering with the extractor was the culprit. I arrived to late this morning to compete. But I did get shooting in and the rifle handled Winchester and Eley ammo without any issues. Thanks to all for your assistance.

STS