• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Magazines for 22LR?

Re: Sako Quad Magazines for 22LR?

Sweet thanks guys.

I got 3 ordered. Looks like 58.00 a pop is the going rate...that hurt.

Vu

I think they are the same You can call and ask they are the only ones I could ever find .....Jim

And ouch is right I paid the same

no they are not the same, the quad magazines are wider in width if you look at them from the side.

S5940367 80517-7 Sako Finnfire P94S / 22LR / 10 $73.00 ( from the link above)

I stand corrected they are 73 a pop

Thanks

Edgerat

I have a bunch of 5 rounders. Ive heard that the 10 rounders have feed problems. Is this true?

Whittaker's had them as of a week ago (the 5-round variety).

I've read the 10-rounders feed only the last 7 or 8 rounds reliably, but I don't have my Manners-Patriot Sako Quad yet, so no personal experience with them. Maybe there is a break-in period for these mags and they improve with use.

This is what I have found... I think that the spring is too week.

The tenth and ninth rounds are pushed hard against the lips of the magazine when the spring is fully compressed. The bolt cannot push the tenth round into the chamber - it's held by friction against the sharp edge of the lips - and it's difficult to chamber the ninth round too. The magazine might eventually break in OKay with use when the sharp edges of the lips become worn, but maybe not. It's hard to believe Sako didn't test these magazines thoroughly before getting into large scale production. The good news is that the 5-round magazines drop easily out of the mag well when the button is pushed, you don't have to work at it during a match.

Do they have more in stock now? I ordered last week and only got one because they ran out.