• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad magazines

Dagsta

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
Louisiana
Guys was going to order some extra mags for the new trainer WE!!! just got from Jered.

I know we talked about it in prior threads and I've heard about some feed problems with the 10 rounders. Any feedback???

I was going to TJ General Store and the price is practically the same for the 5's and 10's. What kind of results are you having??

Give me the scoop so I can pull the trigger on some.

Thanks

Re: Sako Quad magazines

I can't find my 10 rounder (factory) &*(^_()$ BUT I do remember having feed problems once in a while -- might have been b/c they were brand new.

NEVER had problems with the 5 round magazines.

1.) I've read you can get 7 or 8 rounds reliably (IIRC) from the 10-round mags. Maybe they become more reliable with use, I've had that happen with other mags. Nevetheless, 7 or 8 is more than 5.

2.) The 10-round mags are longer and easier to remove than the 5-rounders that, I believe, are nearly flush with the stock.

I bought two 10-rounders online from the TJ General Store but am still waiting for my rifle from Jered. Hope to get it next week when I get back to NV.

Where can the magazines for the .22mag/.17HMR be found in stock? It took Impact Guns over a year to get me two.

i've been using five rounders that are flawless. 10 rounders require some dry lubricant and plenty of use before they actually 'break in' to easy use... much like an ar15 mag, if you smack them rearward they all align a bit and pop up at a greater angle, thus helping feeding for the first and second round of ten... the rest feed fine.

hope this helps.