• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

sako quad or anschutz 64 MPR

H

haptoshoot

! am looking for feedback from anyone who has experience with both of these platforms.

Want to build a trainer that displays good accuracy for 100-300yards. It will also be used for position shooting at 50-100yards. I am shooting a Rem 308 in a manners so I am leaning towards the Sako set up in a Manners(similar to the Hide build from a few years ago)

How will this compare to the Anshutz MPR for inherant accuracy?

Re: sako quad or anschutz 64 MPR

I have both the Quad and the 64MPR. For just position I would go with the 64MPR. It is a lot heavier then the Quad. The Quad I have has the sporter weight barrel and the stock that came with it. The trigger is better on the Anschutz. I would also give the accuracy to the Anschutz. But if you get a Quad, put it in a Manners stock and throw a Lilja barrel on it I am sure it will shoot with the Anschutz or out shoot it. The Annie is great to shoot off the bench, that is about all I do with mine now, my Quad I use for hunting. The Quad action is very nice, but the Annie is smoother. One other thing is the Quad magazines are pretty expensive. The factory Annie ones are too, but you can get the Savage mags that fit the Annie for about $15 each.

Amazing timing the guy next to me was shooting a Quad this afternoon. Compared to my curent rimfires I was impressed. Good trigger, in stock form was accurate at 100 yards.

That turned out to be one expensive trip to the range. I justt ordered a Manners so I'm going to need to clear out some room in the safe to fund this project..... Does it ever end!!

Bad news is the wait time is 16 weeks. The good news is I have 16 weeks to find an action, barrel, and get it put together. I'm also thinking it will take 16 weeks to raise the funds for this project.

Couple of suggestions for the build:

1. Get the adjustable comb on the manners stock.

2. No need for the US Optics base or rimfire technologies canted bases. Find a Accuracy International one piece base/ring set up. They fit on the 11mm rail. Someone had some for sale here cheap for like $60.00 a little while back.

3. Get the Rimfire tech bottom metal.

4. An APA bolt knob is awesome.

Finding the action will be tough. Once you build it, you will never put it down.

Good luck

There was one for sale on the 24hr campfire a little while back. The guy was selling two and I bought one. Not sure if he sold the other or not.

I would go for Anschutz, and preferably à m54.
That is really a whole different quality than quad.
To me the quad is a dissapointment and are very substandard compared to other rifles in Sako line.

Håkan