• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Q's?

o0synge0o

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
www.facebook.com
Now that some of you have had your Quad Trainer builds with the Lilja barrels for a while, have you found that the Lilja tubes like any particular ammo more than the others? I know that factory barrels are hit and miss, some like one brand and some will function better with another, but I figured with what I would imagine would be more consistency with the Lilja chambers/barrels that maybe there might be a trend towards a particular brand?

Also, how are the magazines handling? I seem to remember reading somewhere when I was initially researching them, that someone was having issues with the 10rd(9rd for the magnums) mags, but that the 5rd mags worked fine. Anyone having any issues with either?

I'm not able to locate that thread now, and have tried a few different searches looking for the baove info, but wasn't able to find much, my apologies if I skimmed over it somewhere...

Re: Sako Quad Q's?

mine seems to like whatever i feed it,which has been cci,rws and eley.as far as mags i am impressed with the feel of them but the ten rounders only work with eight.i dont care for the magwell,way to skinny.hopefully that will be resolved by hotrods new trigger guard. the lijia barrel shoots tight little groups.

I have seven of the 10rd mags and they work flawlessly with 10rds in them, every single time, never had one glitch. -just lucky I guess.

Yes, I am looking forward to Hotrod's new guard. Maybe I'll just order one each of the ten rounders and give them a go... Hopefully they work out just fine.

I have had bad luck with the 10 rounders as well. Mine will only fit 7 and sometimes 8, if I want it to feed reliably.

I guess I am just lucky. Both of my 10 round mags work fine. I do seem to be in the minority on this.