• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Trigger Guard Project

HotRod9mm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
WA
www.diproductsinc.com
Just got the first unfinished proto-type from the shop. I'm having them
move the front of the loop closer to the receiver screw so it is more
like the factory, that way you have a little more room if wearing gloves.
The special tool will be here soon so the outside of the guard will have
a nice radius....

What do you think?
Trigger-Guard-1b.jpg

Trigger-Guard-Bottom-View.jpg

Trigger-Guard-Side-View.jpg

cool.gif

Re: Sako Quad Trigger Guard Question

Depending on price, I'm in for one. When will it be available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depending on price, I'm in for one. When will it be available? </div></div>

I hope to land at under $50. If all goes well in about 3 weeks.

What do you think about the "loop" as it is, or move the front forward toward the action screw?

cool.gif

My opinion would be to move it forward....for whatever its worth.

I'll be in for 2 (so my opinion is worth less than $100).

What will the final material be? Will we be able to get them left in the white too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....My opinion would be to move it forward for whatever its worth.....</div></div>
Everyone's counts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....What will the final material be?.</div></div>
Aluminum(like the one pictured)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... Will we be able to get them left in the white too?</div></div>
Maybe, it will depend on what I have going to the anodizer at the same time...

cool.gif

Pair it up with some hex head action bolts and you have a winner (and an order from me)

Cheers
AW

a flared magwell would be a big improvement from factory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a flared magwell would be a big improvement from factory. </div></div>

I will have the shop run the first one the first of the week and see how it looks. I think if they run the relieved part just in front of the mag all the way past the mag that would really help. Thanks for the suggestion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....I would prefer that the front of the trigger bow be moved ahead, leaving a bit more room for the finger.

...it comes with the allen/torx screws, minor flaring to the magwell opening, all edges are slightly rounded or "broken", a nice matte finish applied, and it fits the factory inletting. All for under $100.00
smile.gif
. </div></div>

Yes, I was thinking the same thing for cold weather gloves. I have a shop working on the action scews and hope to have them about the same time as the guard. The guard will be made from 6061 aluminum and matte black hard anodized.

cool.gif

I just got my Quad, and think this would be a perfect part, since I'm not too fond of plastic parts on rifles...

One for me, please!
smile.gif

I'll be needing two of them.

Very happy to finally see this issue addressed, now that I have the Manners stock, the plastic trigger guard was the remaining weak link.

YES, Larger loop, radiused edges, I have two quads, so I'm in for two!!!! Nice.

Flippin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insert Name Here</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about one with the same shape as a Badger DBM trigger guard? </div></div>

But then it would look like theirs? I like to be different, at least that's what the doc tells me in out 1hr weekly sessions.....
grin.gif

Really, I'm feeling much better now...

OK, I'm in for one.

I agree with the mod's suggested above. I'll be coating mine so unfinished is fine. Let us know when and where to send the funds.

LOL, glad your feeling better......

From what I understand, non-anodized aluminum is much softer then anodized aluminum so even if I was going to be painting or coating one of these, I still wouldn't want to start with one in the "white"

Build it and they will come. I'm in for one or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgv69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....non-anodized aluminum is much softer then anodized aluminum.........</div></div>

Very true. The hard coat is tough enough that with fine media my bead blaster won't take the anodizing off, it just dulls it some...

cool.gif

I got in on the Jared Joplin/Manners/Lilja/quad group buy and definitely dont love the plastic floor plate. I definitely would be good for one of your aluminum floor plates. Let me know. Thanks

I'll take one, PM me when they are ready to order, so I dont forget

Quads have now become even more hot. Dang I need one of these rimfires.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nl12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....so I dont forget </div></div>

You're asking ME! Crud, I forgot I started this thread and you want me to, ah, ah, um.....what was I typing????

cool.gif

Sounds like you're moving forward with the ideas mentioned above, the larger loop, radiused edges and hex screws which I think are great improvments. Why not add your logo on the botton of the loop... good branding for you and looks custom for us! Either way put me down for one...can't wait!

Great idea Hot Rod!!! I'm assuming it will fit right into our PAI/APA Trainers. What a quality addition!!!!!

Talking with the site owner he wants to try doing something a little different for the first time to see how it works out. We are starting an email list. So if you want you are more the welcome to get on it. Those that sign up will have a few days to order ahead of the general public on the web site. That way if I missed calculated the number of T/Gs and need to make more, those on the list won't(hopefully) have to wait for the second run. I'm not taking monies up front, which will only happen when I have them in hand and the web site link is e-mailed so everyone on the list has a chance order.

So if you want, send your request to the address below and I will see that you are put on the list. Please include:

Subject: Sako T/G List
Full name
Shipping address
Phone number

Thanks, Bob

[email protected]

Bob,e-mail sent. How is the re-design going and when do you think it will be available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,e-mail sent. How is the re-design going and when do you think it will be available? </div></div>

I was hopping to have the finial proto-type yesterday but the mill had a MAJOR melt down on Thursday and the shop was putting in a TON of overtime to try get it back on-line last night, so if they got it all back together as planned I should have one by Tuesday. I did see the CAD model and the T/G looks VERY nice.

cool.gif

Thanks for the update. How many e-mals orders do you have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update. How many e-mals orders do you have? </div></div>

I have not made an official count but just guessing I'm about 2/3s the way through the first batch. So if I can get the shop talked into running a few more because of the mill problems/delay it should work out ok for having a few extra to put on the web site(maybe). The responce has been way more then I expected and I want to thank everyone for the emails.

cool.gif

can you flare the sides of the magwell more? it looks very good on the front and back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..... will these be painted or anodized?...</div></div>
Hard coat Black Matte Anodized

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can you flare the sides of the magwell more?...</div></div>
That is what the shop was doing with the "small change in the programming". The "well" will be about 1/8" wider(1/6" off each side). I thought about having the sides of the T/G cut below the sides of the stock along both sides of the mag. I think the problem could have been with the wood stocks is the edges might have splintered off.

cool.gif

WOW That looks nice, For the synthetic stocks the black satin anodize would be a good matchup, but the bright silver contrast is nice also. Looking for a Quad heavy barrel right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....I can't wait to see the final product!(and pick one up!) </div></div>

Flaired mag well, now off to the bead blasted then anodized.

Flaired-Mag-Well.jpg

cool.gif