• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO Quad Upgrade Parts

I've been looking for better action screws with a "real" head. Order has been placed. Thanks for the link.

I see...

I'm still waiting on EurOptics and GAP to ship mine. :(

Is it Nov. 2012 yet?

You think you have it bad? What about all of us that were involved in the 2009 SH build..... Most guys don't have their guns still.
I would stop complaining about it just yet!

The whole over-promise, under-deliver thing that keeps happening in the gun industry is getting a little tiresome.

Welcome to the firearms industry!!! Anything custom is going to have delays. Cause someone is waiting on someone else to do their damn job right.
The chain of events is always going to get a monkey wrench thrown in it from time to time. You are mostly talking about hand made items.... machines go down, people quit, materials hard to find, etc.

Custom rifles and/or handguns has taught me one thing in life that I think has helped me a lot in growing up.... Patience. I have learned a lot of it since getting into this stuff. The end result is usually worth it.

FYI guys, Murphy Precision can now make Sako Quad bases in custom cants.

I wanted a 50MOA base for my Quad so I could almost bottom out the elevation on my SWFA 5-20 scope at a 50Y zero. I sent Cameron a DIP base as a pattern for overall length and ejection port location and about 2 weeks later I have a nice 50MOA base.

Being stainless they're quite a bit stouter than the aluminum DIP rails. Much like his CZ452/455 rails there are 6 brass tipped set screws to lock them to the receiver.

Last edited:
Nicely done.

Wish I had done a 60 or 65MOA base now; it took the 50MOA base in addition to +/- .010 offset inserts in the signature zee rings for additional cant (the offset inserts work out to be about 16MOA at that ring spacing) to get the scope where I wanted. With the 50MOA base plus ~16MOA in the rings I now have 2 mils down / 30.5 mils up remaining on the turret with a 50Y zero. Took it out to 400Y today and left some gray splats on the steel with elevation travel to spare. :D

Last edited: