• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako S20 barell types

Krisztián Kovács

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2023
Hungary
Hy everybody
I'm wondering to buy a Sako S20 rifle but honestly I don't know which type of barell is the best for me( hunting and beginer long long range shooting)
What do you think? The flueted barell (18 mm diameter) or the "bull" barell( 20mm diam.) is the "better"?
And what do you think which stock is the better the hunter or the precision if I want to use it 50:50% hunting / sport.

I originally purchased it in a stock for sport shooting, then I bought a stock for hunting separately. Currently, I have come to the conclusion that I left the butt from the hunting stock, and the fore-end from the sports stock. This is how I use it, for me this is the best configuration, try it, maybe it will suit you too.
I have a fluted barrel (diameter 18 mm), .308, which shoots well: in a series of 5 shots there are single breaks within a minute, however, the main groups of holes from 3-4 shots show holes within less than one and a half calibers or better ( less than 0.5 minutes).
Buddy has a 20mm barrel, but it shows an even scree without tight groups, but within less than a minute. (100 meters)
Sincerely...

Reactions: Krisztián Kovács