• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako S20 Precision 6.5 CM

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
Last night I nearly made whim, spur moment purchase of this rifle. 24” bbl
I already hav 2-260’s, but the availability of quantitie’s good cheap brass make it appealing.
I hav never handled one but would expect it to be nice, accurate rifle
Any if yall hav any real world experience with this rifle?? Thks!! Kw

I have an S20 in 7RemMag. Love the rifle. Smooth shooter, consistent .5” or less groups out to 300 yds (longest range I have been able to shoot at so far).

I bought the muzzle break to help with recoil which, I think, is one reason why the S20 shoots so well for me.

The stock is crap. Would not recommend the S20. Especially since you have that many custom options in the USA. Would rather pick up a lone peak including custom barrel.

Cheers

my experience is with the big bro TRG> i wish i had never bought my Tikkas just shoulda gone the TRG Route

Reactions: DKN83
Most of them are great, especially the short actions seem to be hammers. I have a 300wm that's lackluster in accuracy and suffers from the frequently reported (in long actions) issue not picking up a round from the mag (rear of the case does not get pushed up in the mag), and dealing with Beretta was a nightmare. It took months to get someone to get it sent in, and then they just evaluated it, said it met their accuracy standard and they didn't experience the feeding issue and sent it back. I will say I'm not a fan of the stock, very cheap/plastic feel, but it seems to do the job. That said I've shot 2 other 300wm and a 6.5 and they were all hammers. I just got a lemon but evidently not so much of a lemon that Beretta would do anything about it.

I love my TRG, but I'm not sure I'd buy anything that goes through Beretta support at this point.