• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO S20 Question

milprileb

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2013
Is the SAKO Model S20 the same action as the SAKO TRG

Will KRG Whiskey chassis fit S20 or ...what chassis will fit it

THanks so much

Is the SAKO Model S20 the same action as the SAKO TRG

Will KRG Whiskey chassis fit S20 or ...what chassis will fit it

THanks so much

I'm a sako fan, but in the real world...

If you are looking for a TRG, its $3K. If you want to use a whiskey 3, buy a Tikka.

IMHO Nothing good is coming from a $1.5k Sako with tons of proprieatry parts.

If anyone disagrees with this, and I could be wrong, I'm all ears.

Just my $0.02 cents.

If you are looking for a TRG, its $3K. If you want to use a whiskey 3, buy a Tikka.

Just my $0.02 cents.
The s20 shoots really good, at least my sample but the proprietary parts and mags suck. As far as accuracy its right there with my customs tho

Reactions: ma smith
First , I appreciate your mentoring and sage advice here. The S20 is off the radar/ full stop.
Would any of you Gents know which 6.5 Creedmoor caliber Tikka T3 Model is best choice for a long range precision rifle in KRG Whiskey chassis. Is it the Tikka Sporter model or ??? . I don't want to end up with a thin barrel but when I ask Europtics they can't articulate which model has the best barrel for my purposes.

Just my $0.02 cents.
This ☝️

The S20 could be based on the TRG but is nowhere near it dimensionally.

First , I appreciate your mentoring and sage advice here. The S20 is off the radar/ full stop.
Would any of you Gents know which 6.5 Creedmoor caliber Tikka T3 Model is best choice for a long range precision rifle in KRG Whiskey chassis. Is it the Tikka Sporter model or ??? . I don't want to end up with a thin barrel but when I ask Europtics they can't articulate which model has the best barrel for my purposes.
600 mm barrel Varmint.

One could argue that having the barrell threaded after purchase is worth the extra barrell length.

But i agree and would rather have the CTR mag. But then again, an AICS conversion is possible.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Tikka Super Varmint. $1529 or less at grabagun and comes with a two-stage trigger and steel pic rail. The stock is good too. I own a .223 version.