• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing SAKO TAC Muzzle brake attachment for M18X1 thread will not align properly.

michael goluba

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2020
Ripon Wisconsin
SAKO TAC Muzzle brake attachment for M18X1 thread will not align properly. Book says attach muzzle break until it reaches end of the thread. Says you know it is positioned correctly when gas ports are positioned to the sides and the mirage strap fitting screw is pointing upwards. However, I'm finding it to be just the opposite. The muzzle break can only be tightened down when it is upside down on the muzzle and the mirage strap fitting screw is facing down. Any suggestions?

1) Peel washer?

2) Face off the brake to time correctly?

3) Or return to Mfg.

I would choose option #2

I have a Sako brake on my TRG. I level my rifle front to back and left to right, remove the mirage band screw and then screw the brake on until it touches the barrel shoulder, then back it off until the hole for the mirage band screw is facing up and level the brake left to right using the top flat on the brake then tighten the pinch screw.