• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22 6.5 Creedmoor

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hi Hiders,
I recently purchased a secondhand TRG 22 in 6.5 Creedmoor from a Gunbroker auction. The rifle was in like new condition and it is an absolute dream to shoot. I have fired about 150 rounds through it, and it is rapidly becoming my favorite rifle.

I have two questions that I was hoping the SH brain trust could help with.

First, this is a post-2013 gun. The manual says to pull the trigger back to get the allen head screw driver into the slot to remove the trigger group. However, even when I pull the trigger there is still a piece of metal that partially blocks my access to the screw that holds the trigger group onto the chassis. Yes, I have the safety off when I do this and am following the instruction manual.

Second question - I have attached a picture of my bolt. It looks like there are some brass colored swipes/marks along the underside of the bolt. Is this normal on the TRG?

Thanks in advance for your help!

20200831_185008.jpg

Can’t help you with the trigger group, but the brass marks are normal. The top round in the magazine is being pushed against the bottom of the bolt by the magazine spring.

Reactions: jcmullis2
The safety needs to be in the safe position to access the trigger group retaining bolt. I remove the magazine and bolt first, or at least have it slid back.

Reactions: MPrimo