• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22 Magazine springs are "soft"?

rman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
Calgary
Hey fellas. The springs on my TRG-22 mags seem to be a bit soft. By the time I have put in the 5th round, they will no longer hold the shells against the lips. Anyone else? And, is there an easy fix?

Thanks.

R.

Re: Sako TRG-22 Magazine springs are "soft"?

I always thought the spring was too hard not soft, as it gets to be real hard to put the 10 round in. I don't know if the TRG mags com apart either, at least I have never tried to take any of mine apart. Might have to contact Sako..

I have not seen this. My mags are really tight, as mentioned above chambering the first round on a topped off mag takes a bit of oomph.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always thought the spring was too hard not soft, as it gets to be real hard to put the 10 round in. I don't know if the TRG mags com apart either, at least I have never tried to take any of mine apart. Might have to contact Sako.. </div></div>

They come apart, the follower and spring comes out of the top of the mag, unlike an AI mag which has a removeable bottom plate.

Press down the top plate slightly then push the follower to the rear until its past the two little tabs and then let up.

To me it sounds like something is getting hung up. Check your bullet seating length.

Are you loading to max length in the mag?

Ive had problems getting the 10th round in, so I usually throw on ein the chamber and then load the mag so in total its 10, just a 9 +1 system...

Hey fellas. The springs on my TRG-22 mags seem to be a bit soft. By the time I have put in the 5th round, they will no longer hold the shells against the lips. Anyone else? And, is there an easy fix?

Thanks.

R.

I know this is an old thread but this is happening to my mags now as well. And mine are brand new. How did you remedy this?