• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22, Nightforce and Simrad questions

gunnut284

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Orlando, FL
A couple questions:
Can anyone point me toward a Sako LE dealer in the southeast (preferably FL)?
Same question for Nightforce optics dealer?

Finally, can anyone confirm that a Simrad unit can be used with the Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NXS? We currently have Leupolds but would like to go to Nightforce. It looks like the Simrad will work with the Nightforce with the right mounts, just need confirmation.

Thanks

Re: Sako TRG-22, Nightforce and Simrad questions

The Simrad will work with the NXS scope but you need to build a special adapter/buffer for the objective of the scope so it will hold the objective lens of the Simrad without damaging the objective lens of the scope.
you should take a scope with a minimal magnification of 5 so you can use it with the simrad from my experiance it is very hard to work with higher magnifications

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gol1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Simrad will work with the NXS scope but you need to build a special adapter/buffer for the objective of the scope so it will hold the objective lens of the Simrad without damaging the objective lens of the scope.
you should take a scope with a minimal magnification of 5 so you can use it with the simrad from my experiance it is very hard to work with higher magnifications

</div></div>

Are you talking about the "stray light shield" or something else? One of our Simrads is set up to work with a 6.5-20x50 Leupold MKIV now, the other with the VarX-III 4.5-14 Tacticals. Ideally we would just need another 50mm stray light shield and the correct Simrad scope caps for the new rings.
http://www.spa-simrad.com/stray_light_shields.htm

Call B&H Gunrack out on Merrit Island. They handle alot of LE sales and may be able to get the Sako.

So far B&H and SRT Supply have said they can get Sako and SRT also does Nightforce. Still open to other options but I have a start now.