• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 opinions

DShK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2021
USA
I am new to precision bolt guns but would like to get a Sako TRG 22. I currently have a 450 yard range on private land that I shoot on, but would like to eventually shoot the rifle out to 800 or maybe 1000 yards if I find a range with that kind of distance. Anyways, I am considering buying the folding TRG 22 with the 20" barrel or the 26" fixed stock rifle. Does anyone have any opinions on which rifle they like more?

What glass would you recommend putting on something like this given that I'd like to spend no more than 2k on the glass?

I know that 450 yards isn't very long, but it'd be fun to shoot beer cans at that distance with a rifle like this. I mostly shoot AR's and AK's on that range but was thinking that it would be nice to get a solid military bolt gun to shoot as well.

Also, what kinds of velocities are you getting out of the 20" barrels with your handloads? I'd like to play around with ballistics programs to figure out how best to zero an optic for a gun like this under 500 yards.

Thanks!

Have a TRG22 in 6.5 creedmoor with a 26" barrel. Shoots as well as my custom build Stuteville precision rifle.

Currently shooting 147ELD's and clocking in at 2700fps.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
Have a TRG22 in 6.5 creedmoor with a 26" barrel. Shoots as well as my custom build Stuteville precision rifle.

Currently shooting 147ELD's and clocking in at 2700fps.
Thanks for the reply. I was going to just get the gun in 308, but I had no idea they made them in 6.5 - maybe that's the way to go!

I like the sako, but dang they are proud of the folding version! For that kind of money you could get a folding AI AT with a quick change barrel system, and still leave $2000 in your pocket.

edit: holy crap, the folder is more expensive than I remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I have the trg 42 and it's a very good shooter great ergonomics and barrel life is incredible,but if you look at the price of the accessories or the folding stock model you'll find out that it becomes a very expensive rifle.
my rifle is the old model and the bolt catch pin brakes quiet regularly.
all in all I believe that the AI is the way to go you get much better durability and support.

Get what you want, cartrige wise, 26" barrel and fixed stock. Then get a KRG folder.

Vortex Viper PST gen 2?

I was looking between Sako and AI last year. Went with the AIAT. Quickloc barrel change and folding stock. A hex key allows you to switch the barrel easily. So you can have your 20” 308, 26” 308/260/6.5 etc and run whichever you prefer at the time

Picked up used here in px. 20” 308 barrel on it currently. I primarily use for inside 500 yard deer hunting. Shoots nice little groups with 178 ELDX. Also picked up the NF ATACR 4-16 in the px here for $1700. This makes a very accurate and well paired combo.

I enjoy it so much I just picked up a AXMC and am in the process of setting that up
C58C02D0-D509-484E-B3F7-EF00E36A223A.jpeg

AEC9BB85-C742-4170-96FB-C359A1505055.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucket
20” 308 TRG purchased here setup with all of the accessories needed, along with a 5-20 S&B. Beautiful gun that drops all shots into a ragged hole at 100 yards.

I haven’t shot it past 300 yards yet, and haven’t checked velocity.

I wish I had splurged for a Sako or an AI years ago.

I was jonesing around Sako TRGs for years before a friend decided to sell his. I jumped on it immediately, it's a 308 with the long barrel and it was decked out with KRG parts.
It shoots amazing with the 175 grain Sierra matchking and Lapua Scenar at around 2650 fps. I have taken it out to 1000 meters last summer.

Look into KRG parts for it and as for a scope, the usual suspects are Vortex Razor G2 4,5-27x56 and various Nightforce scopes, maybe a used Schmidt & Bender?
I don't know how easy it is to get a Delta scope in the states, I have been running their Stryker HD and it is very nice.

1613338249144.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Graywolf.260
I have the 26" Green TRG 22 in 308. Shoots 5 shoot 100 yard groups usually into 0.5 moa groups with 168 grain SMK's Greatest trigger and really slick bolt feed. Mags, muzzle brake and bipod on the expensive side.
I'd try to pick up a lightly used one already decked out from the classified here.

I own a Sako TRG 22 in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 26” barrel (So I can’t help with velocity), Vortex AMG Scope, Spuhr Scope Mount and am very pleased with it. You’ll find that everything with the Sako name is very expensive, mags, bipod, muzzle brake etc but if you watch Beretta‘s website you can sometimes find pretty good discounts.

Thank you for all the replies. Another question I would have is if it is feasible to shoot out to 800 yards or so without using a built in 20 MOA rail if I get the 20" barrel version in 308. What distance do people zero their optics to for that type of shooting? For things like AR's and AK's I zero them to 50/200 yards and they're good all day out to 300. I guess I'm just asking if people here have a general preference for a zero scheme when shooting out to these distances.

Also thank you for all the suggestions on optics. I think that I was going to go with an offering from Vortex, but is it really possible to fins a used S&B scope for under 2k? Where would be best to start and look for that? I have also seen that trijcon is now offering a line of long range rifle scopes under the "Tenmile" name. Does anyone have any experience with these? Im talking about glass like this:

Trijicon Tenmile™ 4-24x50 Long-Range Tactical Rifle Scope | Trijicon®

Finally, I did see the link for the 20" Sako folder for 4600 on euro optics. Is that generally a good price? Do these things depreciate much once you shoot them? Maybe I will try the classfields here for a used one. I have not had any luck finding such a gun used on gunbroker.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Last edited:
Optics is tricky. Price is one consideration.

What du you really need? Any dusk/dawn/night shooting? Only daylight shooting and you can really skimp on optics.

Going for a euro optic when US brands offer equally good products at a lower price seems awkward to me.

I would rather have a euro scope though than a Sako folder. Priorities...

Folder or not.

For me the Sako is simply not worth it. It does not make the rifle better to shoot, but then I really really like the stock stock.

I picked up one of eurooptic’s 260 remington several years ago. It has a fixed stock with a 26” barrel. I put a nightforce 5.5-22 nxs on it and bucked up for the trg bipod. It’s probably my favorite rifle and if it ever prints groups larger than .5 moa it is my fault. Fantastic trigger and slick bolt. I do not have chrono info that I can recall offhand. I’ve always used h4350 with 139 gr scenars and 142 gr smk’s. I’ve got it set up with a tbac ultra suppressor. On the farms I hunt, any groundhog I see is usually in big trouble.

For 1000yds i dont think you need the longer barrel. The 20" should get you there just fine, and save you some length. For glass under the $2k price range if you search the forums you could probably find a used Kahles624 with SKMR reticle. Thats the way i would go.

For shooting prone or off a bipod, I would go with the longer barrel.

Steiner Ti 5-25 scope can be found used for around $1300. One just sold here yesterday. 20 moa pic rail or a Spuhr TRG mount with some moa built in directly to the receiver if you really are never going to use the scope on a different/ non-TRG rifle

I had a 20" trg22 that I sold to buy a AX308. I don't think my ax308 is any better then my trg22 was. Different on a couple of things, but hard to say one was "better"then the other. I like the trg trigger more, while I liked the AI magazine more. Those are about the biggest differences I could list, other then the quick change barrels. I do have 6.5cm and 308win barrels for my AI, but considering the frequency I change them I would be just as happy with a action wrench and my trg22.

Reactions: ElectricFuneral
If you decide to pull the trigger, literally or figuratively, here's one listed in the classifieds.

Another question I would have is if it is feasible to shoot out to 800 yards or so without using a built in 20 MOA rail if I get the 20" barrel version in 308.
It's gonna be dicey without a 20 MOA base. Why would you NOT get one? Get one.

What distance do people zero their optics to for that type of shooting?
100 yards. Then everything is either a come up on the elevation turret or a hold over with the reticle.

We don't zero for max point blank range then hold over/under.

Thank you for all the replies. Another question I would have is if it is feasible to shoot out to 800 yards or so without using a built in 20 MOA rail if I get the 20" barrel version in 308. What distance do people zero their optics to for that type of shooting? For things like AR's and AK's I zero them to 50/200 yards and they're good all day out to 300. I guess I'm just asking if people here have a general preference for a zero scheme when shooting out to these distances.

Finally, I did see the link for the 20" Sako folder for 4600 on euro optics. Is that generally a good price? Do these things depreciate much once you shoot them? Maybe I will try the classfields here for a used one. I have not had any luck finding such a gun used on gunbroker.

Thanks again for all the advice!

A 308 needs about 9-9.5 MILs to get to 800 meters, so a scope with atleast double that would be a nice start, and I would say that most modern target/tactical scopes have around 25 MIL or so of vertical travel. A 20MOA rail is not a bad way to go with quality rings or the excellent Spuhr direct mount that is problably the best choice of all. But like stated, many of the moderns scopes will get the job done on a flat rail.

We zero at 100 yards/meters. It just makes the most sense. Not a whole lot changes at shorter distances than 100 meters and you dial up or hold over on anything that goes beyond 100 meters, just like "308pirate" allready stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: CerebralDistortion
Thanks again for all the information. If I am looking for a used gun in 308, how much of a round count down the barrel is considered to be to the point where the gun will not maintain factory accuracy?

Also, I understand that they changed the mechanism of the folder and monopod around 2013. Can anyone tell me why the gen 1 folder/monopod is considered inferior to the gen 2 one?

Bought a new TRG 22 in .308 from Eurooptic about 4-5 months ago for $2,600. Seems to have gone up in price since then. Although the fixed stock it came with really is serviceable, I opted to swap it out for a KRG stock. Going this route is way cheaper than buying a folding stock from Sako and I think the KRG stock rocks.

Magazines and bipods are very pricey. However, Beretta does occasionally have fantastic sales. I picked up an extra mag and the bipod for 50% off retail, which made it more affordable and the Sako bipod is perfect for this rifle.

As others have said, the stock trigger is outstanding and the gun is a laser. Have put several hundred rounds through it so far and the worst five shot group it has ever shot is still under 1 MOA. I would say I'm averaging about .6-.7 MOA and have shot many groups that were under .5 MOA.

As for scopes it's really a question of your preferences and your budget. There are lots of excellent choices. I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5x30 scope, which I feel at the prices they are currently being offered by Midway represent a very good value. But there are tons of good choices from S&B, Nightforce, Kahles, Vortex, etc.

And if you opt for .308 you really should get at least 6-7000 rounds out of the barrel before you start losing accuracy. If you go 6.5CM, you're probably looking at less than half that.

Reactions: CerebralDistortion
I was looking between Sako and AI last year. Went with the AIAT. Quickloc barrel change and folding stock. A hex key allows you to switch the barrel easily. So you can have your 20” 308, 26” 308/260/6.5 etc and run whichever you prefer at the time

Picked up used here in px. 20” 308 barrel on it currently. I primarily use for inside 500 yard deer hunting. Shoots nice little groups with 178 ELDX. Also picked up the NF ATACR 4-16 in the px here for $1700. This makes a very accurate and well paired combo.

I enjoy it so much I just picked up a AXMC and am in the process of setting that up
View attachment 7555542
View attachment 7555543
Very nice, love the camo on that. Are these about the same price range as the TRG?

No. Unfortunately they aren't. A year ago trg22's were hovering just over $2k. Not sure where now with covid. One just sold locally for $2,300 with 3 mags.

The AI AT will run significantly more.

Very nice, love the camo on that. Are these about the same price range as the TRG?

As posted above. The AI is more expensive. I paid $3300 for the rifle pictured above. Less the NF/Spuhr/Atlas

Purchased from a member here

We’re also talking AI AT

AX is significantly more

AE models cans be found closer in price to the Sako. However you start loosing features like quickloc/double stack mags (which are awesome), bonded chassis (which I wanted, Sako is the same). You also need a vise to swap barrels on AE and earlier AT models like with the Sako

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the information. If I am looking for a used gun in 308, how much of a round count down the barrel is considered to be to the point where the gun will not maintain factory accuracy?

Also, I understand that they changed the mechanism of the folder and monopod around 2013. Can anyone tell me why the gen 1 folder/monopod is considered inferior to the gen 2 one?
Barrel wear is hard to predict. A PRS barrel will wear out quicker than a hunter. And what level of precision is to be considered worn out?

I've read about a TRG with a round count of 11000 that the owner considers still shooting good enough (1 moa). A normal 308 barrel will last 4-5000 rounds (and a TRG seems to usually last about 8000). But with hot hand loads and long strings cooking the barrel it will be a lot less than that.

The Sako folder update is (mainly) the monopod. And the newer is better. One thing to consider is that the folder has no lateral adjustment of the cheek rest (the reason I preferr the stock stock or the KRG).

First off Sako trg is priced in the 3000-3500$ range. For this price you can pick a great Tikka T3x Tac wich will shoot on par with TRG and you will have still plenty of money to finance a portion of your optics (not to mention you can buy also a decent custom rifle which by the way would be my first choice). I would say a decent optics will cost you no less than 2000$. Sako TRG is an overprized military sniper's rifle. Unless you are going to hunt with it, don't buy it in 308, buy 6.5.

First off Sako trg is priced in the 3000-3500$ range. For this price you can pick a great Tikka T3x Tac wich will shoot on par with TRG and you will have still plenty of money to finance a portion of your optics (not to mention you can buy also a decent custom rifle which by the way would be my first choice). I would say a decent optics will cost you no less than 2000$. Sako TRG is an overprized military sniper's rifle. Unless you are going to hunt with it, don't buy it in 308, buy 6.5.
He could also buy a Tikka TAC, put it in a MDT and buy a fixed x10 scope. Which would be even cheaper and a great base to build on.

But I think that's not what he asked for?

But a Tikka will never have the feel and features of a TRG. It will be close, and both will shoot great, but the nicest Tikka in the world will still just be a Tikka.

He could also buy a Tikka TAC, put it in a MDT and buy a fixed x10 scope. Which would be even cheaper and a great base to build on.

But I think that's not what he asked for?
You are perfectly right. It's difficult to combat the TRG fixation. I liked the TRG 10 years ago (although I hated the 308), but with more options available on the market right now... Of course many people would still prefer TRG, nothing wrong with that.

I am a TRG owner, 308 and 260. I think they are both great rifles. What I struggle with is all the talk of folding stocks. Once folded can you still zip it up in a standard bag? Don't you need to un-fold it when you shoot it? Is it just the cool factor that it folds? I have considered a Fixed KRG for the added adjustability but thats about it.

Had a 42 in 338 green

accurate rifle, great trigger too

But aftermarket support while growing is just not there compared to other platforms.

with all the other options on the market I’d look around a little more before you take the plunge

I am a TRG owner, 308 and 260. I think they are both great rifles. What I struggle with is all the talk of folding stocks. Once folded can you still zip it up in a standard bag? Don't you need to un-fold it when you shoot it? Is it just the cool factor that it folds? I have considered a Fixed KRG for the added adjustability but thats about it.

My AT will zip in a AR sized bag when folded. I guess you could take the entire gun apart and store in a small pelican case if you wanted to do that as well. Stock folded, barrel off, QD scope

I only use the folder for cleaning the rifle and measuring bullets off lands for reloading. My AT has only been folded a couple times since purchased for these reasons

For me it is that it is quicker to adjust for different positions (KRG folder) other than that I had to try it when I found a used one for sale.

I'm not decided yet, the lateral adjustment on the stock one is really something I appreciate, so I might go back to that.

It is really comfy though to be able to just fold it for cleaning the barrel.

And yes, the "coolness" of a folder... 😉

Had a 42 in 338 green

accurate rifle, great trigger too

But aftermarket support while growing is just not there compared to other platforms.

with all the other options on the market I’d look around a little more before you take the plunge

Well, they are a bit pricey and if that bugs you get something else. KRG and Cadex supply after market stocks. Spuhr provides scope mounts.

Going the KRG chassis route gives you the opportunity to use AICS mags and several mfgs provide spigot attachments for a bipod.

Barrels are available as well so what's left?

I just wanted to throw my two cents in - well maybe four cents, possibly even a nickel-

A Green Sako TRG 22 in 308 is one of my absolute dream rifles - perhaps the dream rifle of my list - other than perhaps a real-deal M24 SWS, M40, or M25 White Feather (with the camo McMillan stock) - maybe throw in a GAP build (for some reason, I think my first dream GAP rifle would be the FBI HRT model, followed by one of the M40 builds [not sure which] and the M24 {I just don't love that basic black HS Precision stock} ... To me , Sako TRG-22s are not only amazing rifles, they *look amazing*- it's an extremely-desirable package to me.

Which brings me to my next point ... and I know this will be very controversial, especially around here- maybe even heresy - but not everyone likes "Chassis"-style stocks and not everyone wants their rifle to look like an AR.

I myself just don't like they way most chassis-style bolt-action rifles look. I specifically bought an Manners years ago because I loved the way they looked, and *did not* like KRG etc. look. I actually almost bought an AICS and it sold out - I believe I placed the order and then got an email saying, "The order went through but the product already had been sold.." - and there was no more "Legady" AICS stocks to be had. I could not find a single one (of whatever model I particularly wanted) and was told, "It's unlikely you will, they've moved on..." - I really liked the "legacy" looks, but don't like the other style - really chassis-style at all. It's just not my thing.

I mention this because surely there are other people who feel that way - I happen to love the way the Sako TRG 22 looks, and do not like chassis-style, so if I was investing in an expensive rifle, I would certainly make my decisions accordingly.

Again just throwing my nickel out there- not worth much.

I just wanted to throw my two cents in - well maybe four cents, possibly even a nickel-

A Green Sako TRG 22 in 308 is one of my absolute dream rifles - perhaps the dream rifle of my list - other than perhaps a real-deal M24 SWS, M40, or M25 White Feather (with the camo McMillan stock) - maybe throw in a GAP build (for some reason, I think my first dream GAP rifle would be the FBI HRT model, followed by one of the M40 builds [not sure which] and the M24 {I just don't love that basic black HS Precision stock} ... To me , Sako TRG-22s are not only amazing rifles, they *look amazing*- it's an extremely-desirable package to me.

Which brings me to my next point ... and I know this will be very controversial, especially around here- maybe even heresy - but not everyone likes "Chassis"-style stocks and not everyone wants their rifle to look like an AR.

I myself just don't like they way most chassis-style bolt-action rifles look. I specifically bought an Manners years ago because I loved the way they looked, and *did not* like KRG etc. look. I actually almost bought an AICS and it sold out - I believe I placed the order and then got an email saying, "The order went through but the product already had been sold.." - and there was no more "Legady" AICS stocks to be had. I could not find a single one (of whatever model I particularly wanted) and was told, "It's unlikely you will, they've moved on..." - I really liked the "legacy" looks, but don't like the other style - really chassis-style at all. It's just not my thing.

I mention this because surely there are other people who feel that way - I happen to love the way the Sako TRG 22 looks, and do not like chassis-style, so if I was investing in an expensive rifle, I would certainly make my decisions accordingly.

Hijacking thread with my reply...

The TRG shape is based on a competition rifle with a wooden stock and is similar to other competition rifles popular in europe.

Take a look at old rimfire rifles from Anschütz and Feinwerkbau for example. The old rimfire Sako P94 and modern Ticka Sporter share a similar shape as well. Sauer made model 205 MBR (Moose Biathlon Rifle) that also is not far off.

The TRG (22) is still permissable as a competition rifle in certain classes.

You know, to be honest, I did not know that fact, but I have always really admired the Tikka Sporter - it's beautiful - and it has occurred to me that the two looked very much alike ... It does seem like the Sako TRG stock as an artificial-material (I don't know if it's 'plastic' or 'polymer' or 'fiberglass' or 'carbon-fiber' or 'unobtanium' - you know what I mean though I'm sure) version of the Tikka Sporter. - I don't know which came first or any details but you're 100%, you can see it when you look at them, for sure related.

I should add that to me, the Tikka Sporter is also a beautiful rifle. ... I'll add that to the "dream rifle list" ... one of these days, gonna hit the lottery, do some shopping!

Reactions: VargmatII

I share your view on a lot of what you write. For years I have felt that the TRG (deriverd from TaRGet) just looked the way a rifle should look and thus had a soft spot for it. Having said that, I dont mind the folder, factory or KRGs excellent version. The TRG stock is made of some kind of urethane foam, and I has to be stated that while it is sturdy it is not unbrakeable.
The Finnish Militarys designation of the TRG 42 is TKIV2000, TKIV is short for Targetkivarri (sorry if my spelling is off) which in turn transelates to "Target Rifle".

Oh, and I have also been in the market for an AICS Legacy chassis for my Mark 13 Mod 5 build. Still havent found one, but that is another story.

I have the opposite preference. Having spent a lot more time behind various AR's, I just feel more comfortable behind a chassis style rifle. And the greater adjustability of the KRG is just a huge plus. I can get it set up exactly how I want.

Someone also mentioned the Tikkas, also great rifles. Own a Tikka CTR in 6.5CM. Again, didn't really like the stock it came with, so I swapped in an XLR. Comparing the two the Sako is the better rifle and slightly more accurate. However, given the price difference it should be and the Tikka is no slouch. For someone who's trying to watch their pennies you are not giving up a whole lot with a Tikka.

I'm wondering how true and square the bolt is and the other tolerances that make a rifle accurate? For that price anyone could build a custom rifle based on a premium action. I don't even know if the TRG has any advantages over the S-20 (another rifle I'm considering).

I'm wondering how true and square the bolt is and the other tolerances that make a rifle accurate? For that price anyone could build a custom rifle based on a premium action. I don't even know if the TRG has any advantages over the S-20 (another rifle I'm considering).
Three locking lugs is a factor. The TRG, reportedly, has had some rifles leaving the factory "out of spec" with obvious result.

Some TRG actions, if not all, are out of alignment compared to high end custom rifles. But most TRGs shoot very well.

The S20 is a slimmed down and lightened TRG action for civilian use. The bolt is 2 mm (1/10") thinner for example and the stock is a polymer shell (that squeaks)

I preferr the TRG over the S20, but then I don't mind carrying the extra weight...

Thanks for the info on the bolt difference and alignment, though it's a bit disappointing. Many premium actions are 3-lug so I don't know how much that extra lug matters; I expected better alignment from the TRG based on SAKO's quality control (see video below).

The heavier bolt (and possibly receiver) sounds good, but I don't know if it's worth the several thousand dollars more than the S-20.

The heavier bolt (and possibly receiver) sounds good, but I don't know if it's worth the several thousand dollars more than the S-20.
Well I paid $2600 for my TRG. Looks like the S-20 is running around $1700 (so $900 less), although Eurooptic has a "demo" in 6.5 CM for about $1500, which would be pretty damn tempting if I didn't already have a couple of nice bolt action guns.

Reactions: Oh-Dog
Can't speak to the TRG-22's....
My TRG 42's..
300 win mag. I broke this rifle in using Berger Ammo. The Berger 215 grain FACTORY ammo (when berger made it) round # 4,5,6 in a brand new barrel; grouped .274 MOA. all 3 touching. Factory ammo got tighter as I shot it more (less that .2) . Since then, I've reloaded and tighten the group up to less the .126. I love that rifle and barrel.
338LM - bought this used, to make a 300 Norma, and fell it love with the 338 barrel. reloaded Berger 300 grains, kicking at 2864 fps, groups with H1000 .165 MOA. I love this 'stock' rifle.
I love the TRGs. My only gripe, as posted in above posts - is getting aftermarket support. Why is it so difficult to buy a barrel (5 weeks maybe through Brownells) ? They'll let you know in 5 weeks if they can get it.
Berretta makes it where you can only get stuff for the M10.. I don't want an aftermarket barrel for my TRG42 , I want another Sako TRG 42 barrel.
Edit - to keep thread on track. I'd get the TRG 22 with 26" barrel; strictly to maximize FPS. If you aren't reaching out that far, a 20" will work fine, and with a folding stock, it will give you a pretty compact platform.
2nd Edit - thanks for the video on how Sakos are built. Did anyone notice that Sako pressure tests each rifle 30% over normal pressures. :) hmm, how hot can you really go, lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the bolt difference and alignment, though it's a bit disappointing. Many premium actions are 3-lug so I don't know how much that extra lug matters; I expected better alignment from the TRG based on SAKO's quality control (see video below).

The out of line actions I've read about are fairly old ones getting a new barrel. The QA has probably been increased since. The TRG has been in production for a while...

There is a reason for high end actions having three lugs, not shure about the math, but it extends the error margin a bit. (⅓? 🤔😁)

If the extra cash is worth it is up to you. The reports on the S20 says it's quite good.

You could try getting your hands on a Tikka Sporter? Same stock shape as the TRG but wood laminate. I don't know if they sell them where you are at though.

For the price of Sako TRG folding rear stock, you can buy 2 x KRG Whiskey folding chassis.

I have shot 22, 42 and M10 TRG, and i like the action on Sako, but the price´s are high.
That´s why i have only 3 T3 with Whiskey, for me they are as good as i can worth, i like that you can tune the Tikka, and i really like the
Whiskey chassis.
One T3 i have KRG Midas trigger, very close to TRG, and also Krieger SS barrel in 6.5CM.
2 other´s are 260rem and one 308win 20" barrel for the same rig, that i have that Krieger.
Sako action is better than Tikka, it is hammer forged, when Tikka is machined from the piece of steel, and Sako is 3 lug, Tikka 2 and the bolt opening is larger than Sako.
Sako has the status, as a higher quality gun, and TRG is the only Sako i would buy, other Sako models i dont mind.