• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 opinions

Well I paid $2600 for my TRG. Looks like the S-20 is running around $1700 (so $900 less), although Eurooptic has a "demo" in 6.5 CM for about $1500, which would be pretty damn tempting if I didn't already have a couple of nice bolt action guns.
$2600 new? You could get the $1500 S-20 and add a good optic for ~$1000 (Athlon or similar) and be good-to-go.

Understood. Still would be a SAKO. I'm not sure if there are any smiths in North America that would true and square a TRG action. It probably wouldn't need much else after that, unless the barrel had a high round count. Maybe it would need a recoil lug upgrade and LocTite on the rail screws.

Understood. Still would be a SAKO. I'm not sure if there are any smiths in North America that would true and square a TRG action. It probably wouldn't need much else after that, unless the barrel had a high round count. Maybe it would need a recoil lug upgrade and LocTite on the rail screws.
Never heard of a TRG that needed a blueprint. They are top shelf rifles that are known for quality and precision right out of the box.

The S20 is problably not a bad rifle, but the TRG is more than proven.

@CerebralDistortion and @VargmatII

How do you feel the quality / fit and finish is on the whiskey 3? I have an extra trg barreled action in 308 that I was going to swap back and forth with my 260 trg. It’s too much of a pain so I’d like to get another chassis for the 308.

Also I’m short another trigger. Does Sako still sell the trigger group? Is it possible to mount the TRG in the T3 chassis where the timney 430 trigger could be utilized?

How do you feel the quality / fit and finish is on the whiskey 3? I have an extra trg barreled action in 308 that I was going to swap back and forth with my 260 trg. It’s too much of a pain so I’d like to get another chassis for the 308.

Also I’m short another trigger. Does Sako still sell the trigger group? Is it possible to mount the TRG in the T3 chassis where the timney 430 trigger could be utilized?
W3 gen 6 is top notch. Can't find a fault with it. The folder that is, rail and forend is still Sako.

Don't know about the trigger group, I cant buy it where I'm at. But a Tikka T3 trigger will work, you have to fabricate a trigger guard/mag release though (I 3d-printed one...). A KRG Midas might be an option? Or their trigger guard? I wouldn't know about the Timney, but if it works on a Tikka, it should work on a TRG (I used a Tikka TAC A1 on mine)

Reactions: The Godfather

Ive had an older gen 4 W3 folder wich developed some play in the lower hinge, KRG replaced the hinge assembly with a newer version with a enclosed hinge pin and it has been good ever since. One of my friends still have that chassis and its been trubble free to this date.
The Gen 6 I use now on the TRG has been flawless.

Reactions: The Godfather
A little visual encouragement ... I love the setup. SAC 6.5 Creedmoor TRG in KRG W3

mHzKB7Q.jpg

A81UQwP.jpg

Never heard of a TRG that needed a blueprint. They are top shelf rifles that are known for quality and precision right out of the box.

The S20 is problably not a bad rifle, but the TRG is more than proven.
CerebralDistortion said "The TRG, reportedly, has had some rifles leaving the factory "out of spec" with obvious result."... My luck mandates that I would get one of the out-of-spec ones.

Sako TRG 22 $2728
Sako TRG 22 folder $4598
AI AT $4250
AI AT folder $4438
So the Trg Fixed to AI fixed TRG is much cheaper. Folder to folder th TRG is $120 more. So why does everyone keep bitching about the TRG process and saying "Buy a AI, it's so much cheaper"?

CerebralDistortion said "The TRG, reportedly, has had some rifles leaving the factory "out of spec" with obvious result."... My luck mandates that I would get one of the out-of-spec ones.
SAC has two vids on YT:

And I know of a barrel that was "crooked". Error frequency is low though and the runout in the SAC vids are not really something that matters. And they are nine years old so supposedly the action is even older. Give SAC a call to verify.

Reactions: viking78